Prayer life

I have a few questions and if anyone could help that would be great!

Basically, I know of a few people who are in a difficult situation. They are young and believe in God and have been raised Catholic. I think they somewhat believe in Catholicism but they are not deep in their faith. One of the boys I know is currently in Confirmation classes at a Parish nearby and it seems like he is not being helped by the class, he thinks the class is sort of worthless (which it mostly is but this is turning him away from religion in general it seems). So here is the thing, both pray sometimes but not too often. Both don’t really know what to pray for.

This is what I’m wondering-

1. How would one encourage them to pray?
  2. I told them some ideas for what they could pray for (others, their family, all in need, their salvation) but I don’t think it encouraged them too much, any other ideas?
  3. Are there any ways of praying that could especially help them?
  4. How could they become better educated about the faith without being turned off, like what could their parents do?

Thanks for any responses, they are greatly appreciated!

PS Please say a prayer for both of them
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Shalom

If you know the child, mentally, psychologically, and spiritually, it is easy to give help the best way it suite them. First of all you must trust in the Holy Spirit and pray for guidance. In addition, this is what I think.

1. How would one encourage them to pray?
    Tell him to say 7 glory be to the Father … when he wake up on his bead.

2. I told them some ideas for what they could pray for (others, their family, all in need, their salvation) but I don’t think it encouraged them too much, any other ideas?
    Tell them to offer that prayer (the 7 Glory be to the Father) to the Holy Spirit to guide them.

3. Are there any ways of praying that could especially help them?
    To pray the rosary. It is very powerful.

4. How could they become better educated about the faith without being turned off, like what could their parents do?
    Just tell them that Jesus loves them everyday.

God bless.

Thanks for the advice!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.