Prayer needed about job

Dear Friends in Christ,

Please pray for me tomorrow.

As some of you know, I was laid off from my much beloved job as a research reader 34 months ago, due to lack of work. I thought I would never see this job advertised again, because of the decline in the print media.

Finally, after two years of fruitless job hunting ( I’m 55 now), I finally asked God for my job back. I didn’t expect God to answer me. The very next day, there was my job open and advertized. I am the only person in Seattle who is actually trained to do this weird and wonderful job. I applied to the main office in San Francisco, as directed, but never heard a word back. Could be that the person sorting the resumes and cover letters was only looking for college educated folks and tossed me aside. I was the only person ever hired as a reader who didn’t have a finished degree. But, I never knew.

A new reader, if he/she lasts past the initial two weeks, will usually quite at 6 months, because of the strange conditions underwhich we work–one being absolute silence for 8 hours a day.

Here it is, exactly 7 months to the day, and the ad for my position pops up again. Only, this time the ad tells to send the resume to the Manager, not the boss in SF. I am scared to death, but have decided that since I will be in town tomorrow, to boldly walk into my old office and hand the manager my resume.

I pray I will be given my job back. At least, if the answer is “no,” I pray that I will have the strength to get myself back home safely. I pray that I don’t fall into shards of broken glass. It will be a very humbling experience, either way.

Please pray for me. I know I have asked you all to pray for me so many times before, but I need your prayers for tomorrow. I am very scared. I will let you know what happened.

Thank you for all your past prayers, and future prayers.

Lord, I pray hard for peggy that he/she may get back to his job if it is your will. Please bless him/her and the manager as well.

I ask this through the intercession of Mama Mary.

Amen.

Ave Maria gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria mater Dei, ora pro nobis pecatoribus nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Then I will pray for you tomorrow!
:angel1:
The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
the LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Numbers 6: 24-26

:gopray:

I will pray for you.

Dave

**Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.**

I will pray for you, I really hope that you can get this much loved job back.

Hopefully, as they know that you will stick with the job and not quit after 2 weeks or 6 months, they will be eager to hire you.

Praying for you Peggy …

Loving God,

We lift our intentions for Peggy and ask for your mercy, strength, and courage for her as she works towards the goal of having the dignity in work that all your people deserve as your children. Please bless her efforts and help her to find your plan for her life during this time of uncertainty and challenge.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Lord, hear our prayer.

Prayers offered for you and everyone with job related issues

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, hear our prayers

I want to thank all of you who have prayed for me today, and in the past.

I could literally feel all your prayers as I stood in my old office, waiting for the boss to open her door. I can report that I managed to stay standing, without shaking, and without my voice cracking, like I feared.

She talked to me a little bit, and I offered her promises I intend to keep. She led me to believe that the answer may be “no.” I can face that, although it would hurt me very much.

However, I am still praying and asking God for the miracle of her taking a second chance on me. Only God can pull this chestnut out of this fire. To God be the glory.

Thank you. I will keep you aprised, one way or the other.

I did not shatter, or cry, or quaver, not at least until I was safely away home. Thanks for all the prayers.

Loving God,

We lift our intentions for Peggy and ask for your mercy, strength, and courage for her as she works towards the goal of having the dignity in work that all your people deserve as your children. Please bless her efforts and help her to find your plan for her life during this time of uncertainty and challenge.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Praying hard for you.

Loving God,

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.