Prayer needed: conflict in a parish ministry

Dear all,
I need a prayer for me and my friend, A.

I’ve been facing difficulty in my parish. In the ministry that I’m serving, I’ve been treated unfairly and today she told me that she’s also experiencing it. It’s by the same person.

The past few months have been difficult for both of us. For me especially, I’ve been thinking to go to another parish but I try to stay as long as I could.

Pray that we have the perseverence to stay and also pray for the person, K, that God will bless him and enlighten Him.

Thank you all.

Vince2paul (sp?), I’m very sorry you and your fellow minister are having such a terrible time. I’ll surely pray for you, and I hope things get better for you. If you haven’t spoken to your priest about the matter, hopefully you can.

Sadly, this is becoming a problem in so many churches, and pastors need to have these things brought to attention and nip them in the bud. Even St. Paul experienced conflict and dissensions, so damaging to the Body of Christ. As the saying goes, “God don’t like ugly”.

Here is a Bible verse that has often comforted me in times of trial. God Bless you and may He give you peace and deliverance in this situation. :signofcross:

[1] Therefore, seeing we have this ministration, according as we have obtained mercy, we faint not; [2] But we renounce the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor adulterating the word of God; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience, in the sight of God. [3] And if our gospel be also hid, it is hid to them that are lost, [4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of unbelievers, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not shine unto them. [5] For we preach not ourselves, but Jesus Christ our Lord; and ourselves your servants through Jesus.
[6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God, in the face of Christ Jesus. [7] **But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency may be of the power of God, and not of us. [8] In all things we suffer tribulation, but are not distressed; we are straitened, but are not destitute; [9] We suffer persecution, but are not forsaken; we are cast down, but we perish not: [10] Always bearing about in our body the mortification of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be made manifest in our bodies. **
[11] For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake; that the life also of Jesus may be made manifest in our mortal flesh. [12] So then death worketh in us, but life in you. [13] But having the same spirit of faith, as it is written: I believed, for which cause I have spoken; we also believe, for which cause we speak also: [14] Knowing that he who raised up Jesus, will raise us up also with Jesus, and place us with you. [15] For all things are for your sakes; that the grace abounding through many, may abound in thanksgiving unto the glory of God.
[16] For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man is corrupted, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For that which is at present momentary and light of our tribulation, worketh for us above measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glory. [18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen, are temporal; but the things which are not seen, are eternal. *

(2 Corinthians 4:1-18, DRB)

Praying for the intentions of A, K & you.

Praying
The Creed Our Father
Hail Mary Hail Mary Hail Mary
Glory Be…

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Tomorrow is the last day of our Mary Undoer of Knots Novena. I’ll pray that this knot is undone for you and your friend. And also that the knot causing the other person to be the way they are. That knot also be undone.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

Dear God, please help ease the tensions of the situation between the person K and the others with whom he is conflicting in his ministry. Please help the situation to resolve so that all involved will get along better and be treated fairly and justly. Please open the hearts of all involved to a greater understanding and tolerance of each other, and please bless and make effective their ministry that they undertake for Your grace. In Jesus’ name I humbly pray. Amen.

Praying.

Sincerest Prayers:
Our Father who art in heaven…
Hail Mary, full of grace…
Glory Be to the Father…
Amen…

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen
:signofcross:

Our Father
Hail Mary’s x10
Glory Be
Fatima Prayer
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.