Prayer needed for healing of spirit and mind

I’m fairly new on the forum but I feel the need to ask for prayers because praying on my own hasn’t seemed to work. This is a difficult subject for me but let me just dive right in before I rationalize what I’m doing. When I was eight years old I was molested by my best friends uncle and I still suffer from post traumatic stress with induced panic attacks because of it. There are long periods of time where I’ll be going along just fine but last night I had a reoccurance that scared me more than most because i remembered things that I previously hadn’t. Maybe it’s that I’m having problems letting God heal the hurt because I still don’t understand why he let that happen to me, but I got really scared last night and just needed help. Thanks for the prayers ahead of time.

Praying that the Lord will heal you.:gopray:

If you are re-living this abuse, and remembering more about it, then ask Jesus to be there with you, to walk you through what happened. This way you are safe in His presence. Ask Him to heal every aspect of these horrible memories.

I think that Jesus believes it’s time His dear child was freed from the harm of this terrible sin against you. Share it with Him so that He can heal you. Feel His love comforting you, and His arms holding you close. What happened to you made Him very sad for you. He knows it’s time for you to be healed.

Father, take Hopeful23 and cradle her in the palm of your hand. Give her Your peace which surpasses all understanding, and be with her to call upon when these flashbacks emerge. Through Christ our Lord we pray, Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

:frowning: Praying for you!

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion - inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

Praying very hard for your happiness and peace of mind!

May Jesus wrap you in His tender care.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I’ll be praying for you; I am so sorry you had to endure such terrible abuse.

Asking the Father, in Jesus’ name, for your healing and happiness:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, Father God, and Holy Spirit - One, Triune God, please bless this person with Your healing presence. If You so will it, Lord, allow this person to have a clarity of Your Will, and offer up their sufferings in sacrifice to You, Lord God, for the relief of their own suffering, the salvation of others, and the reparation of sins. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

May the Lord grant you healing. May the Lord grant you trust in Him in all things.
May the Lord guide you to be thankful every day for the gifts He has given you.

Place your cares before God in prayer, “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5: 7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4: 6-7

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.