Prayer Needed for my son for job in his field - Please

Hello everyone. I am new here but even so I am begging for prayers for my son, John B.

He was betrayed by his cousin, M. (who lied at the dinner table to their grandparents) over 6 years ago and it destroyed John’s life and because of the ensuing PTSD and depression he lost his job when he took FMLA leave. He is coming back now but it has taken over 5 years. My parents had stopped calling my son and me for over 5 years because of this. He loved his grandparents and was devastated when they and the rest of the family turned on him.

The truth came out a year ago and now everyone knows that M. lied. That helped John to begin to heal. It has been very hard at times for him.

There is a job just opened up at the hospital he is working at. It is in his former field of Voice/Data and Telecommunications. He has applied for 2 others previously that he did not get because he did not have pbx experience. Please pray that he gets this job.

I have this feeling that if he does not get this job that it will devastate him again.

It would change his whole life and allow him to support himself. Please pray.

Thank you to all of you with my whole heart.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Eternal Father, we thank you for the crosses that we bear because we know that each one is an opportunity to grow closer to you. Lord we ask that you bless John B. with healing, with the means with which to support himself and most of all for the gifts of your Holy Spirit so that this family may be made strong again for your glory. Father, if these requests are contrary to your will then we ask for the graces necessary to carry this heavy cross.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I really hope your son gets this job.

But if he doesn’t…

What kind of living situation is your son in? Is he living at home or is he married with a family to support?

I am asking because unfortunately a lot of young people are in this situation. Employers will not hire someone without experience, and of course if one has no experience it can be next to impossible to find a job. Especially in certain cities. Jobs go to experienced people or to people with families (there is employment assistance for parents, I know of several mothers who got hired through community work experience programs).

So my suggestion is for him to volunteer in the field he wants to work in, either part time or full time (depending on his financial situation), for 1-3 months. It might take longer for him to be able to support himself, but it will give him work experience in that field and when a position does open up they will already know him and want to hire him. Or he can get a nice letter of recommendation to work somewhere else if they cannot afford to hire anyone else.

I did hear of someone who was about to complete a 1-year volunteer/training program and at the end of the year they’ll find out if they get hired or not, but that is not practical unless one’s family is independently wealthy because bills have to get paid. 1 year is a long time to work without pay. :frowning:

:gopray: Lord hear our prayer

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Pray to ST.Joseph who is the patron saint of workers.I know of a recent case where a friend of mine got a temporary job on the 9th day of novena

ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/joseph.htm

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying hard.

I just said a prayer for your son. God bless you.

Thank you everyone for your powerful prayers. Have not heard anything yet.

He has been trying to see the man who in charge of department or see a guy to have him introduced to the manager.

My son had been in the telecommunications voice/data installation field for over 15 years…both residential and commercial. He was employed by the big telephone company when his cousin lied to the family and caused a huge break in our family…which was basically me and my son out in the cold and no one would listen that Mark was lying even though we had proof because of text messaging numbers of from and to showing up on bill.

For over 3 years no one spoke to us and my son was broken because he felt so close to everyone, especially his grandparents and no one would listen or speak to us. I lived for all those years terrified that John would commit suicide because he was so broken inside.

The truth came out about how bad Mark (the cousin) lied when I said I wanted a family meeting after reconciling with my sister and her family. They were all shocked what Mark, by the grace of God, admitted to, but I knew the truth all along.

This however does not change the fact that because of this betrayal from Mark my son, John, fell into a deep depression and eventually had to go out on FMLA leave. His company, which begins with a V and ends with an N, fired him for using FMLA. Big lawsuit over them doing this nationwide but it won’t change that my son lost a good paying job that he was extremely good at.

That is why a job coming up at the hospital, in the telecommunications field that he is educated in and knows…that he is already employed at as a cleaner is so vital. The pay would be enough that he could start to pick himself back up again and not have to rely on me (laid off) and my husband (retired fireman) for food and other things.

So I am begging all of you to please keep the intention of John getting the job in telecommunications either at this hospital or another company in your prayers.

Thank you all so much.

Mother Mary and St. Joseph, please help John to find a job. Also, please ask our Lord to pour out grace and healing upon this family. Help them to recover from these betrayals and to be filled with love and peace. Anen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.