Prayer needed

Hi,
I don’t know where else to put this. I am asking for prayer.
I left the Church 11 years ago. I know this broke my father’s heart very much, but at the time I thought it was so right. I felt the pull to evangelicalism. I believed so much of what they said. We argued so many times. My father has died. It has been almost a year ago and before he died I had a slight pull back to the Catholic Church but it didn’t become too strong until after he was gone. I am ashamed and embarrassed at how we argued. I haven’t told my mother yet of my desire to return to the Church, which I think is mostly out of pride. I am afraid it will bring up bad memories. I am not ready for her reaction, though, I think she senses it. I think it will be a good reaction but I also think she will react in a prideful way.
Also, my husband is not Catholc. I need prayers for him He feels my desire to return to the Church is out of guilt for arguiing with my father, and maybe he is right.
That scares me, too.

Please pray for me.

Thank you.

Dear Diane, if you are drawn back to the Church it is through your father’s prayers, which have surely increased since he went to God. Please don’t feel ashamed and embaressed in remembering your arguments with your Dad. He loves you too much to care about that. He only wants the best for you. He would forgive you anything. He only wants to embrace you and to share with you the great gifts he had and has.

If you respond to the call to return to the Church, your mother may react as you say…but you will get past that and please undersand any resentment she may have is something she has to deal with and process, part of her grief and loss. It may be something you have to get through but I ask God to give you courage and faith to do whatever He is calling you to do.

God bless you, Diane. I’ll keep you in my prayers and daily Masses.

Warmly, Trishie

Loving Creator God, you willed Diane into existence out of Your immense love of her. In the journey of her life she has, at times, gone her own way. Through the Holy Spirit, You have sent her the call back to unity in Your Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Grant her a seeking heart that desires the fulness of her relationship with You. Open her eyes to see that her father continues to pray for her, so much does he love her. Lord, her father’s love is but a shadow of the immeasurable love you have for her. Speak to her, open her heart to union with You in the Church that Your Son Jesus Christ founded for our salvation. Grant this, O source of love, through the same Jesus Christ, Who lives and reins with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Praying for your intentions.

Diane, I am praying for you as you struggle to return to your faith, I understand having recently struggled myself…may you find your way home, with your father smiling down on you.
Praying for your other intentions also!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you!

Hi Diane,

Praying for you to come back to the church and for understanding for your Husband. I have always felt that those we’ve loved and that have gone before still look out for us. I pray for my parents that are both deceased, and yet, I also ask for their prayers and guidance for me.

Take Care and will pray for you…

God will grant you strength and peace, may the holy spirit comfort you and may you find your way back to his church in the most loving way that causes the least or no pain but instead communion with your entire family, and that all needs spiritual, financial and physical be granted, amen

Diane, may I suggest that you seek out a local parish where they offer Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, which is Jesus with us? Might you be able to spare a “Holy Hour” to be with Him? This comes from Matthew 26:40 and Mark 14:37. Many conversions and other miracles have occurred simply by being in His presence. May His peace be with you on your journey. Amen!

Holding you in my prayers.

I suspect that your dad has been praying all this time for you. Welcome back home!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.