Prayer needed

I need some prayer. I have always been nervous driving places by myself. But I had gotten to were I was not nervous anymore. Until today. I was coming home from confession and I had some guy who seemed drunk try to run me off the road. I am scared to leave the house. College starts on Wednesday and I am scared out of my mind to drive. Please pray that I get over this

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Dear Jesus please give healing and confidence to TurboStock.
I will keep you in my prayers and Masses that you can face such challenges life with confidence and faith.

TurboStock:

If you’re not already doing so, receive the Sacrament of the Lord’s Body and Blood daily. Attending and participating in daily Mass will put you in intimate contact with the Great Physician who is capable of healing all wounds, including those of the mind. If you haven’t received the Sacrament of Healing within the past month, ask your parish priest if he will anoint you with the Sacrament of Unction - It’s in the Epistle of James, and this sounds like something that’s limiting your life and your ability to live it. and, If you’re not already under Spiritual direction, that might also prove to be helpful. You’re not selfish to say that you need these things.

At the same time, there are prayers you can say which I think can help build your trust in God. l would try saying these in the Morning, Afternoon and Evening, with at least one of those occasions being in front of our Lord Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (right after or before Mass would probably be a good time):

Our Father
Hail Mary
**Glory Be
The Apostles Creed
[FONT=Times New Roman]Holy Michael Archangel, defend me in the Battle
Protect me from the wickedness and snares of he Devil,
May God Rebuke him, we humbly pray,
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host
Thrust into hell Satan, and all of evil spirits
who wander the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
have mercy on me.
3x

Holy God,
Holy and Mighty,
Holy Immortal,
Have mercy on us.
3x

Lord Jesus Christ,
Son of the Living God,
Have Mercy on me,
A sinner.
10x

Immaculate heart of Mary,
I put my trust in you.
10x
[/FONT]
Greater is He that is in ME than he that is in the world.
(I John 4:4)

At night
Guide us waking, O Lord,
And guard us sleeping,
So that awake we may watch with Christ,
And asleep, we may rest in peace.

Try reading the following Scriptures:

I Chron 16:8-34
Psalm 23
Psalm 92
Psalm 93
Psalm 99
Psalm 103
Psalm 111
Psalm 113
Isaiah 6:1-7
Isaiah 25
Isaiah 60
Isaiah 61
Romans 8
Revelation 15:2-6

You can try doing Lectio Divina which is written about in Catholic Answers and which I’ve linked here - Pray one Psalm slowly and then slowly read one of the Readings - Read the Reading three or four times. I would do one of each and repeat both morning, afternoon and evening so your soul “gets it”. I’m sure I left out more scriptures than I included, but it’s late at night, and my eyelids are half-closed!

These will all help you to remind yourself and to internalize whom it is we serve. I really do hope that this helps, because I know how limiting emotional and mental disabilities can be.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

PS: Remember, nothing is the end of the world but the actual end of the world. You do have my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, Say to the LORD, “My refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust.” God will rescue you from the fowler’s snare, from the destroying plague, Will shelter you with pinions, spread wings that you may take refuge; God’s faithfulness is a protecting shield. You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day … Psalm 91 NAB

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Lord, please bless our brother Turbostock that he may be able to get over the trauma he is feeling right now…Please keep him away from all danger and troubles…May he regain his strength and trust in his self…

The Lord is always watching you Turbostock…God bless you and good luck in your studies…

noodles

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord, please help TurboStock regain his peace about driving. And help him to pray to you from behind the wheel, which should help him spiritually and nerves-wise. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen. (TurboStock, I will pray for you in front of the Blessed Sacrament at my daily adoration time.)

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.