Prayer of Love

Hi everybody,

I’m putting fourth a simple prayer request: Please pray for everyone so that we can learn to love one another more. There is too much hate in society today.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
the Lord is with you
Blessed art you amonst women
and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

A big hug for you, Jeanne :slight_smile:

Mother please intercede for us, that we love one another

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you
Blessed art you amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners, now.
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Intercession for our sisters and brothers

Our God, Creator of all beings on this planet, listen to my prayer for my sisters and brothers of this world as terrorism, materialism, corruption and sorrow surround us and as the growing power of anti-Christian morality and legislation assails us. Please send armies of Angels to attain victory for love, goodness and peace, to assist the innocent and the suffering, to suffrage, along with the Saints of Heaven, for the salvation of all humankind.

Our God, while acknowledging the horrors and sins of our time, we thank You for all valuable achievements and humanitarian efforts in medicine, research, law, and social services, despite misuse of aspects of these benefits. Please preserve the good, whilst purging what is contrary to love and justice.

Thank You for the love, generosity and heroism that glow forth from even from the most awful circumstances of our unsettled era. In these manifestations of goodness, You continue to reveal the presence of Your Holy Spirit who has remained with us in the goodness of all that is good.

Even in a period as astonishingly gifted and sinful as this, You build our salvation around our scars and limitations as well as around our blessings and giftedness, as Saint Paul teaches. Although flawed, we are called to be persons of faith with active and prayerful commitment to others in their needs.

We ask pardon and healing for our unlove or unforgiveness towards God, towards others, and to ourselves. Forgive our failures to succour others and pardon us where our poverty of faith and effort prevents the flow of blessings to others. Absolve and overcome sin or fallacy that retards the human and spiritual progress of anyone in our families and communities. Grant joy, peace and grace to everyone You desire to bless through us as You support our struggle to face each day with courage and devotion.

Give us optimism, empathy, prudence and generosity towards others. Confirm our faith that each person is Your loved child who is travelling by a personal path known to You. Unite us in heaven in beatific vision and love with all family and all known or unknown individuals whom You wish to serve through us.

Thank You, Spirit of God, who despite our foolishness and sins, remains with us through the centuries. Despite division and error, You continue to inspire and guide the Body of Christ. Lead humankind into awareness of ourselves as Your redeemed children and into universal acceptance of Jesus as our God. Restore humankind to its first image, recreating our world in wholeness and harmony.

Out of present misery, please make a wonderful new creation of charity, wisdom, justice and peace. Universally establish Your Kingdom amongst us in this third millennium.
Look mercifully upon this troubled world, our God. Accept its enormous legacy of pain and loss, united with the exile, suffering and sacrifice of Your beloved Son, as reparation for sin and selfishness of so many persons in our age. Grant their salvation, and that of those whom they persecute. Lead us to love and support each other as a world family.

We plead for a better, more Christian age to come. “Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God,” in the achievements and the failures of this century and of the two millennia that have passed since Your incarnation and birth, “have mercy on us." You our God will fulfil Your desires in us because You love us. Thank You for this love and redemption that You grant us through Your Son!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying for all to learn to love each other, especially those we don’t get along with…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen
:signofcross:

Praying for those who have had to put on a facade as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Those who would love to show love, gentility, generosity, meekness, humility, understanding, patience and gentleness yet, due to their stature in society, or their position at workplace, or the nature of their jobs have had to show a side of themselves full of hardness, indifference, uncaring, unfeeling etc:

“Almighty God, thou who knows all things, today we are praying for love to be shown without any inhibitions, and our prayer is that for such people whom you have touched and who can feel your love and would want to show same, but cannot, that you will make a way for them. that you will show them an outlet. Heavenly father, you created this world out of your love for us. You have continued to watch over us and love us even to the point of sending down your own beloved son to suffer such an agonising and humiliating death for our sake. Please Lord, go to the aid of this category of people!!
May all things end well in your name.
We make this prayer through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.”

Love and Peace
Odopa.

That is really good Odopa. I find myself guilty of showing hardness instead of kindness, indifference instead of love. Praying your prayer also…Amen…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying!

Make me a channel of your peace, Where there is hatred let me bring your love, Where there is injury your pardon Lord, And where there’s doubt true faith in you. Make me a channel of your peace, Where there’s despair in life, let me bring hope, Where there is darkness, only light, And where there’s sadness, ever joy. O Master grant that I may never seek, So much to be consoled as to console, To be understood as to understand, To be loved as to love with all my soul. Make me a channel of your peace, It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, In giving to all men that we receive And in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Jesus, You command that we love each other as You have loved us. You add that there is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for others. “Since the Father loved us so much that He sent You to be the sacrifice that takes our sins away, we too should love one another.” [John 4:10-11] “By such love, everyone will know that we are Your disciples.” “*Anyone who says ‘I love God’, and hates his brother is a liar, since a person who does not love the brother that he can see, cannot love God whom he has never seen.” *[1 letter of John 4:20-21]

It can be difficult to love others when they appear ‘troublesome’, or misjudge or reject us, or when we are weary and preoccupied! Each of us has only our personal consciousness, so that we only know our own feelings and thoughts, and may only imagine another’s. “The *depths of a person can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other person.” *[1Corinthians 2:1] So how can we truly love? “Let us love one another, since love comes from God.” [John 4:7] Therefore, Jesus, we may hope for God’s love in us that we may love as You have loved us.

As You have said, to live as Your disciples, as children of the Father, is impossible for humankind—but “nothing is impossible to God.” Love begins with awareness that each person is loved child of the Father. Therefore, Jesus, I pray for Your love in me for everyone You bring into my life. I forgive and bless each person who has hurt my loved ones or me. Please ensure that we forgive, however deeply others action or inaction wound us.

You have made us Your brothers and sisters; therefore, we will strive to overcome the difficulties that natural selfishness generates. We seldom must actually die as You did, for another person’s sake. Yet every day there are ways that we relinquish some preference, desire, or convenience for the need or wish of another person. Let Your Holy Spirit carry us lovingly though these little deaths. Love requires that we do so generously, kindly and cheerfully, for reluctance or resentment is not of the love that lays down life for anyone. You wish us to love all whom You in any way entrust to our care, but You also require us to love and pray for our enemies—those who make our lives difficult and painful. Jesus, forgive us for those failures to love them truly. [Matthew. 5:44]

You say that when we do a kindness to anyone we do it for You. [Matthew 25:40]. You teach that the consequence of not living this Christ-love towards others is self-condemnation to that miserable pit where no love penetrates, for all who dwell within have ultimately rejected divine love. Our love “is* not to be mere words or mere talk, but something real and active; only by this can we be certain that we are children of the truth*.” [John 3:18-19] Your apostle Paul exhorts, “*Do not let your love be pretence, but sincerely prefer good to evil. Love each other as brothers should, and have a profound respect for each other…If any of the saints are in need you must share with them; and you must make hospitality your special care.” *[Romans 12:9-13]

Jesus said, "I give you a new commandment: love one another.
As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.
This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 13:34-35

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

God of Love, please fill our hearts and minds with Your love, and flow Your love to others through us.

God of Love, please fill our hearts and minds with Your love, and flow Your love to others through us.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Our Mother, St. Michael the Archangel, our guardian angels and patron saints, please pray for us that we will love God above all and others as ourselves

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Mother please intercede for us, that we love one another

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you
Blessed art you amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners, now.

Our God, please help us to love You above all
and others,
as ourselves

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen

Our God, please help us to love You above all
and others,
as ourselves

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.