Prayer of thanks: "a lost sheep is found"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Please pray in thanksgiving with me for a certain person who has returned to the Catholic Church. When I posted my prayer request for "former Catholics", here on the Prayer Forum, I mentioned that in our last series for "Returning Catholics" 6 of the 7 who attended had returned to the Church. Well, this morning we heard from #7 who went to confession last Friday and is back within the Lord's fold.

Let us give thanks and rejoice with the Good Shepherd Who has carried the lost sheep home! Thanks to all who have prayed and will continue to pray for all those in need of His Mercy - especially our brothers and sisters who call themselves "former Catholics".

That is good news.As a former lost sheep,I am so grateful and appreciative for the beautiful gift of my Catholic faith,and more importantly ,The grace from God,that led my back home:)Jeanne

Glory be to the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.

Praise God!

Dear Jeanne,

Yes, “Everything is Grace” as the dear little St. Therese of Lisieux wrote. Thanks for rejoicing with us, and let us continue, by God’s Grace, to bring the Good News of God’s Love to others!

Dear Bernward,

Thanks for your prayer of praise! I join you, and ask you, please to continue praying with us for God’s Grace on all those who still need to come home!

Dear Rocket,

Yes, Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Let us continue praising and thanking Him for all the good He continues to work in our lives. Let us also continue to pray for His Mercy on all those who still need to come Home!

Thank you Lord for bringing every one of the 7 back to your fold! Please continue the good work you have begun in their lives and in the lives of all the other Catholics who have returned to your fold. Deepen their conversion every day and give them strength to persevere in faith and in good works. May Your Holy Name be praised, adored and loved! Amen.

Dear ready,

Thanks for your beautiful prayer for our “returned” sheep. It reminds me of the need to keep in touch with them and to encourage them to seek the Lord’s guidance on how best they can use their unique gifts in His service. We are all blessed, that we may be a blessing to others. As Pope Paul VI wrote: “…the Church exists to evangelize”. We all have work to do in union with Jesus, bringing all His sheep home.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.