Prayer~ Please!

I just got an email from my son’s school - a Catholic High School in Orlando- that it is on ‘lockdown’ [along with other schools in the downtown area] due to shootings at a nearby office building.

The suspect, described as a disgruntled former employee at the building, simply entered the 16-floor building and has opened fire on several floors. There a few dead and almost 20 injured. He is still at large.

I guess there are always those who will cause trouble, especially when something triggers it, such as losing a job or home…but he is taking the life of many [as he destroys his, and possibly his family’s as well].

Please, pray for those in the building, and for the kids who should be focusing on their studies without having to worry about someone entering their school to shoot at random!

Thanks!

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have Mercy on us, sinners…

Prayers for your son and everyone at BMHS who are dealing with this lockdown… :frowning:

Prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy… we’re watching it live here at work (I’m also in Orlando)… so sad and tragic. :frowning:

It’s hard to understand that level of selfishness, actively destroying others’ lives just because you own is miserable for some reason.
The destruction in their victims’ lives goes far beyond the obvious, so Father in heaven we implore a great reservoir of love, healing, and support for all whose lives are tainted or ruined by such terrible deeds as this. Where You can prevent such actions by pre-discovery, Father, please assure it will be so.

Please welcome the souls of the dead into Your mercy; and flood Your healing love over the injured, and over grieving families. Please give peace to the innocent bystanders, such as these school children.
I ask this in the name of Jesus, whose innocent human life was taken by violence and others’self-interest.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they and the souls of all the faithful departed through your mercy rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, comfort the students and their families and help the children get back to school as soon as possible. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying…

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the
wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Thanks to all for your prayers! It is nerve-wracking when you get emails from school with this type of situation…

I really appreciate all of your prayers for the kids and everyone involved!

It turns out that the media had originally said that many more had been shot than the true number, in the confusion I guess.

The engineer, who had been fired and went to his former employers to shoot at random, was taken into custody in a few hours.

Praying for justice and peace of mind for the kids who had to go through the lockdown.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.