Prayer request & advice please

Please pray for me as I confirmed today that I am pg with my second child. I will be 38 and my dh will be 46 when I deliver in early May. I haven’t told my dh and don’t how to tell him. We were practicing NFP and took a chance. I am very happy to be carrying a new life inside of me, but am afraid. We have three children both from a previous marriage (23, 18 & 13). This will be our first child together. Please pray that I may find a way to tell my dh and my parents about my pregnancy. My parents helped me raise my dh who is 13. I am concerned about their reactions.:bigyikes: Puppy (please be gentle)

[quote=puppylove]Please pray for me as I confirmed today that I am pg with my second child. I will be 38 and my dh will be 46 when I deliver in early May. I haven’t told my dh and don’t how to tell him. We were practicing NFP and took a chance. I am very happy to be carrying a new life inside of me, but am afraid. We have three children both from a previous marriage (23, 18 & 13). This will be our first child together. Please pray that I may find a way to tell my dh and my parents about my pregnancy. My parents helped me raise my dh who is 13. I am concerned about their reactions.:bigyikes: Puppy (please be gentle)
[/quote]

PRAISE GOD. May the peace of the Lord be with you.

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

For your prarents, just turn the focus on their new grandchild.

For your husband, have a special dinner at home for him to celebrate your new child and share your happiness with him. Trust in God.

Let your other children know soon too, but after your husband.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Tell your husband what you know-that you and he are blessed with a miracle. Give thanks, O give thanks. Raise the child in love and light, and the arms of the Church. Know that my wife and I are praying for you, too.

Saba

Well Mum…So many congratulations to you puppylove and thanks be to God x Remember this child belongs to the whole family, your new child is everyone’s responsibility, afterall you didn’t go off and make this child all by yourself now did you?:smiley: Don’t worry about reactions, conceiving a child is always a possibility if God wills it, my prayers are with you and much love to you. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. Keep us updated as to how things are going. What a joy!!!:slight_smile: The miracle of new life, it makes me grin from ear to ear everytime I hear of a new life in this world. Much peace and love to you and your family xxxx

[quote=puppylove]Please pray for me as I confirmed today that I am pg with my second child. I will be 38 and my dh will be 46 when I deliver in early May. I haven’t told my dh and don’t how to tell him. We were practicing NFP and took a chance. I am very happy to be carrying a new life inside of me, but am afraid. We have three children both from a previous marriage (23, 18 & 13). This will be our first child together. Please pray that I may find a way to tell my dh and my parents about my pregnancy. My parents helped me raise my dh who is 13. I am concerned about their reactions.:bigyikes: Puppy (please be gentle)
[/quote]

Congratulations! Don’t think of it as taking a chance. Think of it as accepting an opportunity!

:wink: A lot of 46-year-old men would think of this as a badge of honor!

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and encouragement given. I do think of this as a gift from God. For a while now, I knew God was preparing me for something and now I know what! Please keep me in your prayers as I tell dh tonight!:gopray2:

Puppy

Hello everyone. I told dh Friday Sept, 3 and the rest of my family the next day. Dh took it better than I expected and is now even joking about being a “baby boy” maker. My family (parents, siblings, daughter, step-children, in laws) took to the news exceptionally well. I had my first prenatal visit yesterday and have been labeled “high risk”. Please pray for me and my baby.
Thanks, Puppy

Puppy,

I will be praying to St. Gianna Molla for you until you deliver. You have given me much inspiration through your posts. God has blessed you with this child.

May is an awesome month to have a child…the Month dedicated to Our Lady.

I do find it interesting you were aware that God was preparing you for something, and now he has revealed his plan. hmmm, I too feel God is preparing me for something and has been working on me for a while. Wonder what’s in store?

I guess God has blessed you abundantly - so may he now keep you in good health and high energy - with love and support.

[quote=puppylove]Hello everyone. I told dh Friday Sept, 3 and the rest of my family the next day. Dh took it better than I expected and is now even joking about being a “baby boy” maker. My family (parents, siblings, daughter, step-children, in laws) took to the news exceptionally well. I had my first prenatal visit yesterday and have been labeled “high risk”. Please pray for me and my baby.
Thanks, Puppy
[/quote]

I hope the “high risk” designation is simply because at 38 this is routinely considered a “geriatric pregnancy” and not for any other reason.

Thanks for updating us on how your family received the news. It’s great to know they all took it so well.

God bless you.

I was high risk, too, just because of age. I was 35, my husband was 43. If there was something in particular to be worried about, your doc would tell you.

I also had a little brother, born when my oldest sister was 21 (and married) and I, formerly the youngest, was nearly ten. It was as if he had a bunch of very close aunts and uncles. I learned a lot about kids that came in very handy when I had my own. He is a great kid (now over 30! Yikes!)

I had a test done using ultrasound, to test for Down’s Syndrome. We didn’t do amnio because we didn’t want to do anything that might harm the child… we wanted the information only for the purposes of preparation.

You can do it. At least you’re not going to be a first-time parents, like we were.

This is very nice news indeed and I congratulate you, but…what is a “dh?” :confused:

BLB Oregon:

What kind of test was performed by ultrasound for Downs? I thought the only one we could take to check for Downs was the amnio? I have decided against the amnio because it is a moot subject because I would never abort my baby. My doctor put it very wisely, why live in agony for five more months of your pregnancy if you know that your not going to abort anyway? The only test I will do is to aid my doctor in the best possible prenatal care. Thanks for all of your kind words of encouragement.
Puppy

Dear Blessed Mother,
Please hear the intentions of puppylove and dh. May the Peace of Christ be with them, their families, friends, loved ones and all those whose lives they touch forever and ever, Amen.

Interactive Family Rosary online:
www.familyrosary.org

24/7 Worldwide Live Rosary Participation:
www.comepraytherosary.org

Breath of Heaven sung by Amy Grant
youtu.be/rW2OBT-5qfc

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.