Prayer Request for a new e-book author

Hello, I am writing to ask you to pray for my mom, Monica Grimm, who just published her first e-book, “12 Days”. She spent more than a year working on this, offering up many prayers and sacrifices. We were all very excited and proud of her, but sadly, as of yet, she has received no positive feedback, only negative. Their comments are very unkind and hurtful.
Please pray for us, to handle all of this with peace. It’s the first time my siblings and I have had to see our mom so mistreated in such a public way, and is taking a bit of a toll on us. Pray that she does not fall into discouragement/embarrassment and give up on this. She originally started writing this, in an attempt to put something exciting, yet moral for people to read. She also wants to make enough money with this, to film 2 scripts that she wrote for schools about bullying.
I also ask for prayers for those who are leaving these hurtful comments, and the grace to forgive them.
If you are interested in learning more about the book, please visit our blog at www.rentonchronicles.blogspot.com. Hopefully it will inspire you to purchase our book! :wink:
Thank you in advance for your prayers. You are in mine. God bless.
-Renee Grimm

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Please reassure your Mom that some of the best creative persons have been ill-received at first.

onlinecollege.org/2010/02/16/50-famously-successful-people-who-failed-at-first/

examiner.com/book-in-national/30-famous-authors-whose-works-were-rejected-repeatedly-and-sometimes-rudely-by-publishers

Lord please surround Monica and her family with Your light and love

Thanks for the prayers! And thanks for those links, Trishie. I’ll definitely share them with my mom! Very encouraging! :slight_smile: Some of it sounded familiar.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
We place our trust in Thee.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

May your mother persevere in faith and be courageous. May our Lord bless her efforts to publish something moral and reward her in this life and in the next. May your mother pray ceaselessly for her needs and receive our Lord’s help and mercy. May you and your family keep praying to God to be forgiving and merciful. May you try the prayer of Jesus: Father, forgive them for they know not what they do. Amen.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

praying

Lord please give her the strenght to persevere.

Praying, praying, praying…

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on Monica.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for Monica.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for Monica.
St. Lawrence, pray for Monica.
St. Clare, pray for Monica.
St. Francis de Sales, pray for Monica.
All you holy men and women, pray for Monica.
All you holy angels and archangels, pray for Monica.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.