Prayer request for America to end the death penalty

I came across the below article where apparently the man had a mental illness and they still executed him.

news.com.au/world/north-america/mentally-ill-convict-becomes-virginias-first-secret-execution/news-story/34878f7579c6247d9a9bcf21129062fe

There was a recent case in Delaware in which prisoners already serving life in their maximum security prison “kidnapped” several staff members and beat a guard to death … slowly.

Delaware abolished their death penalty … so there is nothing that can be done … no threat … no punishment … that can be held over the prisoners to get them to behave.

There are organizations that have imposed themselves so that prisoners cannot be punished.

So, the prisoners have all day to plan and plot and the guards have no choice but to wait to see what the prisoners will do next.

This is Prayer Intentions forum, so we aren’t supposed to have a death penalty discussion here. If you want to discuss, please start a new thread in the appropriate other forum. This is just for praying.

Adding this to my prayer intentions for later prayer.

His mental illness diagnosis came about seven years after he committed the crime. It happened in my area, he was a loner, antisocial, but knew right from wrong according to local authorities. The death penalty needs to remain in place, BUT has to be applied to a much more restrictive set of crimes. Yes, America has too many on death row.

NO comment. As it is part of Catholic teaching, YES, I will pray for this intention.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

As a Catholic; as per our beliefs; praying for this intention.

Praying.

Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition to end the death penalty in all states of the United States of America, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Tagging this intention for my Rosary intentions later. God bless

**Saint Mary Magdalene,
woman of many sins, who by conversion
became the beloved of Jesus,
thank you for your witness
that Jesus forgives
through the miracle of love.

You, who already possess eternal happiness
in His glorious presence,
please intercede for me, so that some day
I may share in the same everlasting joy.

Amen.**

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Veronica

St. Veronica, you gave Christ a towel on His way to Cavalry which He used to wipe the Precious Blood from His Holy Face. In return for this great act of kindness He left you His most Holy image on the towel. Pray for us to Our Lord that His Holy Face may be imprinted on our hearts so that we may be always be mindful of the Passion and Death of Our lord Jesus Christ, through the same Christ our Lord,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.