Prayer request for daughter and my family

Hi, this is my first post since my intro post when I joined 7 or so months ago.

I did something stupid and am paying for it now. My 20 year old daughter is having problems in her marriage and asked for my help. She needed money for an antibiotic prescription so I loaned her my bank card so that she could go get it. I couldn’t go at the time because I had other things going on. It was supposed to be only $10 or so. Well she wound up keeping my card for a couple of days because she was staying at a friends house and would not be back my way for a day or so. I told her not to use my card anymore than for that prescription because I was very tight on money and have a house payment coming up Thursday. She promised me she would do as I asked. Well yestereday I got online to check my account balance and found out I am $400 overdrawn because she used my card to go shopping at a bunch of different stores. Because of this I won’t be able to pay my house note tomorrow and will be late now. This puts my family in a huge financial bind. Well, we were already in a financial bind (and who isn’t these days), but now it’s much worse. I truely wanted to help her and I wanted so much to be able to trust her. She’s done this before with my gas card but not this severe.

Well, she has proven herself totally untrustworthy and what’s more, when I confronted her about it she didn’t seem to be very sorry for it. All she would say to me is she was planning on paying me back. Like that makes it all okay. It certainly doesn’t help me now.

Anyway, I am asking for prayers for the bind that this has put my family in and also prayers for my daugher so that she will stop being so self-centered, so selfish and immature. She needs to grow up and stop thinking that the world revolves around her and her problems. I also need prayers for strength to stop caving into her guilt trips she lays on me.

I hope this post isn’t too long, this is my first time doing this, I apologize if it is.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read.

~Kim~

Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our Daily bread
And forgive us our tresspasses
As we forgive those
Who tresspass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But Deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father
And to the Son
And to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the begining
Is now
And Ever shall be
A world without end
Amen.

Kim, welcome!

Dear Kim I ask the Lord to ensure that you remember never to submit to your daughter’s manipulations that facilitate her stealing from you and put her soul in sin. If she ever has serious need of money, may the Lord encourage you to go with her but never give your card again. Whatever reasonable excuse she uses, is clearly a means to deceive you, which is harmful to you both.

I am sorry that your daughter has used your love for her against you, and I ask the Lord to touch her heart to encourage her to be less selfish and to be loving herself. I ask God to help you to be strong…as helping your daughter, who is an adult and responsible for herself, is harmful to one who is so unscrupulous as well as unfair to your other family.

I ask the Lord to ensure that your daughter will have the grace to return the items and restore the money she stole from you, and that one of the family is able to accompany her to ensure that she does, as this is a serious offence against your family when you are struggling, and when it could be something which causes loss of your family home.

I ask God to comfort and help you.
Kind regards, Trishie

Praying for Kim and family

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Kim,
I’m sorry that your daughter is having difficulties with her marriage. This is a source of great anxiety to a parent and I understand your wanting to help.

I ask God to help your daughter and her husband to grow in love and respectful communication and to save their marriage. I ask God to give you peace.

I’ll keep you and your family in my daily prayers.
God bless you, Kim

Praying for Kim

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Praying for you and your family

Kim, I will pray for you and your daughter as part of my intentions for my Rosary today.

God bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, it means a lot to me. I don’t know if it’s having an effect on my daughter yet, but I am beginning to feel better about the situation.

Again, thanks to all of you who have prayed for my family and me.

~Kim~

Lord please flood Your blessings on Kim and her daughter.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.