Prayer request for my elderly father to find a peaceful resolution with his neighbor

Could anyone please keep my dad and his neighbor in your prayers.
My dad is elderly and is physically sensitive/having his health affected because his next door neighbor is spraying some seeweed product on his own lawn but it is organic matter and spells horrific like dead carcasses and the wind is carrying the smell to my parents house.
My dad has to go inside during these times as he feels himself getting sick.
My dad has asked them politely if they would be able to use a different product but all they said was it’s not poisonous and I’m not sure they fully understand that the smell travels beyond their own yard.

My dad has mentioned he might need to tell the council and I’m concerned if he does this those neighbors will find out and potentially start an argument with him/discord.
This neighbour can sometimes be ok but sometimes not as they had a longstanding fight with their other next door neighbour and were verbally abusive to her and called her racist names.
I am worried they will do this to my parents too as we are of migrant background.

We (daughters) have told my dad to just let it go/accept it/go inside when there a smell but my dad has a strong sense of right and wrong and doesn’t listen.

If anyone could pray for peace and for my neighbor to himself decide to stop using the smelly product I would appreciate it very much.

Find out what product it is, we can then check the MSDS sheet :pray::dove:

Holding your Dad and the neighbors in my prayers.
Its distressing to know one’s father is upset and his peace of mind under threat.
As the neighbors wish only to use an ecologically safe product, I did successfuly search with the term "natural fertilizer without odour.

Loving God please bring peace and fairness in resolution of this distressing issue for Rozellelily’s father.

My guess is that its maybe something like Seasol.

Thanks Trishie.
Unfortunately I have not have much luck finding something similar with no odour.
I’m guessing maybe the neighbour uses this one because it’s meant to help drought affected plants…

If I do find someone without an odour,would the neighbors be receptive if I give it to them or will it be seen as weird?

I don’t know the neighbors, and how they would respond, but if I were in your position, I’d very carefully find a gentle courteous way to suggest it, as a possiblity so as not to upset and inconvenience.the dear man next door.

"I wonder if you feel you could consider this product as a possible substitute for fertilizing your lawn in the future?
It’'s environmentally friendly, but has less odor.
The seaweed product really upsets my Dad and makes him feel unwell "
If they might consider it, but it would be more expensive, I might gently ask if I could contribute something towards the cost.
I wouldn’t outright buy the product, because that might seem like forcing their hand, which certainly wouldn’t be your intention …but they might interpret it that way.

I know how I’d feel if it were my Dad. I hope this can be resolved for your Dad’s well being and your peace of heart.
Dear Lord, please grant our prayers regarding Rozellelily’s father.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Rozellelily’s Father), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

†

Praying for a peaceful solution for your dad and neighbors.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Lord help bring peach among the neighbors. Allow to live in harmony and find a common ground to their solution. In your name, Jesus amen!

Prayers for your Dad and this stressful situation.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on @Rozellelily, her family, her father and on the whole world

i did pray a decade of prayers as part of my daily divine mercy chaplet for your intention.

God, Heavenly Father, I ask that Your Will may be done. Give me what You know to be best for my soul, and for the souls of those for whom I pray.

Give us Your Holy Spirit to enlighten us, to correct us, and to guide us in the way of Your commandments and holiness, while we strive for the happiness of heaven where I hope we glorify You forever.

God, Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ crucified, Your beloved Son, I beg You to forgive all our sins, all our negligence’s, and all the transgressions of our past lives.

God, Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ crucified, Your Divine Son, I beg You to grant us the grace to serve You in this life according to your holy Will.

God, Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ crucified, I pray for peace on this issue and that the neighbor himself decide to stop using the smelly product.

Amen

Thankyou very much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.