Prayer request for our friends struggling w/their marriage

Sad day today. We had a little get together with our neighbors we met from our ‘first’ neighborhood, when we moved to FL last year. The wife didn’t show–the husband was telling us that they are having problems. He is seeing a therapist separately, so is she–and they are also seeing a marriage counselor. At least they have that going for them. But, she has threatened the ‘d’ word, and he is so sad. I felt so badly.

I remember when I (thought) I wanted out of my marriage years ago, and looking at this from the outside looking in, it just looked so sad.

They have an 8 month old, (who we spent the day with–whatta cutie pie!) and a 12 yr old – which he actually adopted as she was born out of a different relationship the mother had before meeting him. He loves the child, as though she were his bio daughter.

Please pray for them–that they start going to church, and that they will overcome their issues.:frowning:

Thanks.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

In Jesus’ name dear Father, please hear Whatevergirl’s heartfelt prayers for her neighbours. Please inspire this mother and wife to reconsider and be willing to give all her heart to reconnecting and deepening relationship with her husband. Have mercy, Father, on the happiness of the children and the husband and wife in this family. Let their angels communicate between them where they cannot.

It breaks my heart to hear when marriages are going through struggles.

Praying for your intentions. :gopray2:

***+JMJTJ+

They will be in my prayers for the healing of their marriage.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Lord, please hear our prayers!

Praying for this couple and their children to have peace in their relationship.

Saint Rita intercede in prayer for them. Saint Gabriel Archangel intercede that these children do not loose the sanctity of their parents marriage. Amen

Thanks everyone–my dh and I were discussing this today, it’s so sad. We haven’t known them long,but have grown close to them. I pray that they work things out!:frowning:

My prayers are being offered for this family now.

Lord, I place this family that ‘whatevergirl’ speaks of, before you. Please help them to heal the wounds in their relationship and allow for reconciliation. I pray this in Jesus name, amen. Mother Mary, please pray for this intention.

*Well…sad news to report.:frowning: I was speaking with the wife of this couple last week, and she said they are heading for divorce. I tried to get her to see the light, to think about it more…she said, they are going to separate, but she sounds so headstrong on wanting out. Only two years they’ve been married???

Prayers are really needed for this couple. I just think about the 12 yr old and baby involved, and how attached the dad has become to his kids. (he adopted the 12 yr old–she was born out of a different relationship that the wife had previously)

Please keep praying–thanks so much, everyone!!!*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.