Prayer request for our marriage

My husband and I have been married 3.5 years. We have had communication problems since we got married, which still continue. Our lack of communication became so intolerable after only two years of marriage that I wanted to separate because it would be less painful and depressing for me to live alone than to live with a husband who behaved more like a roommate than a husband. My husband begged me not to leave and to attend a Retrouvaille weekend with him, which I did. Things got better after the weekend - but only for a short time. A few months after completing the weekend, he stopped wanting to dialogue because it required too much time and effort. During that time, I had a miscarriage; but he even refused to talk about that. I began to feel alone again. After another year of falling back into our pattern of lack of communication, I again I told him I would rather separate than to continue living as roommates who barely speak to each other. Again he asked me not to leave, and he agreed to recommit to dialoguing. It has been two weeks so far, and we have dialogued at least every other day - more than we did last year.

:gopray2: Please pray that my husband will trust people who have intimate knowledge about him - especially me - not to hurt him with that information.

:gopray2: Please pray that my husband will truly understand the need for good communication between a husband and a wife and that he will continue to want to dialogue and improve our communication so that we can build a strong marriage that will last a lifetime.

:gopray2: And please pray that the anger, frustration and bitterness we both feel will continue to dissipate as we learn to communicate more effectively.

Jesus please help this wife and husband to be understanding about each other's needs, and be willing to be patient, and to continue working on their marriage.

Help them to understand the causes for each other's requirements and tendencies, and to be sensitive to them in word and act.

Please heal the husband of his trust issues, and help his wife to always respect his vulnerability and never to betray it Help him to heal those events in his life that made his trust in others fragile.

Please heal the pain they have caused each other in their efforts to attain what they need in a marriage partner.

Jesus please heal this wife of the sorrow in her heart regarding the baby's miscarriage.
Help her husband to understand and support her in her emotional needs.

And maybe both might benefit from an attentive read of "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus by John Gray, probably available in a library not far away.

God bless you both, and if you can save your marriage, it's a whole lot less painful than breaking it up!
God be with you both, every day of your life and marriage

I will pray for your marriage.

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer the intentions of Catholic_Wife for the healing and growth of her holy marriage, for the inspiration of our Lord to permeate and infuse the relationship with His love, and for the ability of each partner to place the Lord in the middle of the relationship so they can love and honor each other as they honor our Lord. These matters are very difficult and behavior patterns are hard to change, so Lord we ask first that the couple may place all trust in dear Jesus and release all anxiety and worry as they take the progressive steps to improve their relationship with each other and with You, O Lord.

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

My trust is in sweet Jesus:
He is my passport to heaven!
I place my life in His gentle hands;
He will guide me along the rainbow.
My blind trust is His to guide,
May my soul reflect His light.
I look around and see Jesus’ help;
I know He is worthy of my trust.
Sweet Jesus, remain by my side,
Never letting my trust be shaken!
May I learn to share my trust with others,
So Jesus will be known to all!

Amen.

Praying for your intentions and hoping that God will improve the lines of communication between you and your husband ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying my heart out for the success of your marriage.

Lord, please help this couple to continue to communicate and to communicate better with each new day. Please help Catholic_Wife to be patient with her husband throughout his efforts to communicate more. He is trying, Lord; he doesn’t want to split up. Please help him to always try his best and help Catholic_Wife to be strong and merciful always - to the point of always giving her husband a second chance if he is earnestly trying to make things right. I pray that things work out for this couple. I hope that Catholic_Wife’s husband will be a good husband and give Catholic_Wife all the love and support that she needs. Please help him to always want to communicate better and help him always to know how important communication is in a good, healthy marriage. Fill this couple with your Spirit, Lord, and keep them strong in faith, hope, and love. Never let them be seprated from you or from each other. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Father in Jesus name please help this wife and husband to be understanding about each other’s needs, and be willing to be patient, and to continue working on their marriage. Help them to understand the causes for each other’s requirements and tendencies, and to be sensitive to them in word and act.

Please heal the husband of his trust issues, and help his wife to always respect his vulnerability and never to betray it Help him to heal those events in his life that made his trust in others fragile.

Please heal the pain they have caused each other in their efforts to attain what they need in a marriage partner. Please help them to faithfully live the Sacrament to which they have committed themselves

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer the intentions of Catholic_Wife for the healing and growth of her holy marriage, for the inspiration of our Lord to permeate and infuse the relationship with His love, and for the ability of each partner to place the Lord in the middle of the relationship so they can love and honor each other as they honor our Lord. These matters are very difficult and behavior patterns are hard to change, so Lord we ask first that the couple may place all trust in dear Jesus and release all anxiety and worry as they take the progressive steps to improve their relationship with each other and with You, O Lord.

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Sorry for the loss of your baby and praying for God to open both your husband and your heart to each other and to His will.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Loving God,

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

I look around and see Jesus' help;

Amen.

Loving God,

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Loving God,

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

Amen.

May you and your husband grow closer to one another each day; may the Lord bless you both with patience and understanding. May you be able to dialogue with each other and may your marriage grow stronger by the minute. God bless you both! Amen. :signofcross:

Father in Jesus name please help this wife and husband to be understanding about each other’s needs, and be willing to be patient, and to continue working on their marriage. Help them to understand the causes for each other’s requirements and tendencies, and to be sensitive to them in word and act.

Please heal the pain they have felt in their efforts to attain what they need in a marriage partner. Please help them to faithfully live the Sacrament to which they have committed themselves

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

Loving God,

A PRAYER FOR
THE VIRTUE OF TRUST

I look around and see Jesus' help;

Amen.

Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.