Prayer request for safe delivery, baby name suggestions, etc

Hello everyone,

My sister and her husband are trying to decide on a baby boy name for their second child that is expected to be born by end of July or First week of August. So far my sister made the following list of names:

Mathieu Cy Andre
Mathieu Destin Jon
James Mathieu
Francis Gabriel
Joseph Benedict

Any thoughts here? Any suggestions? I would appreciate if anyone can put a few more ideas on the table.

Thanks for the input.

Her first baby who is a girl named Angel died during childbirth. The loss of her baby is most heartbreaking. My sister has thalassemia.

Please pray for her health and the unborn baby.

Thank you very much and God bless.

Prayers for your sister and for her new precious baby boy!!!

Those are all beautiful names on her list!

I'm particularly fond of:
James Mathieu
Francis Gabriel
Joseph Benedict

(just my opinions)

Mathieu Cy Andre
Mathieu Destin Jon

My first thought with these 2 names is, where does your sister live? If she is in the United States, naming her son either of these will ensure that he gets to spend the rest of his life explaining both how to pronounce and spell his name.

[quote="Z1Z2, post:3, topic:247736"]
Mathieu Cy Andre
Mathieu Destin Jon

My first thought with these 2 names is, where does your sister live?

[/quote]

Philippines

[quote="Em_in_FL, post:2, topic:247736"]
Prayers for your sister and for her new precious baby boy!!!

Those are all beautiful names on her list!

I'm particularly fond of:
James Mathieu
Francis Gabriel
Joseph Benedict

(just my opinions)

[/quote]

Thanks for your prayers.

[quote="Z1Z2, post:3, topic:247736"]
Mathieu Cy Andre
Mathieu Destin Jon

My first thought with these 2 names is, where does your sister live? If she is in the United States, naming her son either of these will ensure that he gets to spend the rest of his life explaining both how to pronounce and spell his name.

[/quote]

This is very true.

Any other tips for naming? A name is forever so please help us pick the right choice.

I like both of these:

Francis Gabriel
Joseph Benedict

Majority seem to like Francis Gabriel but we removed in from the list because it is my cousin's name.

My sister's name is Cyril. Her husband's name is Rudy. How about mixing their names? We could play with the spelling a little bit.

They want a unique name...any ideas anyone?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.