Prayer request for the lonely

Please send out prayers to those who feel lonely and away from God. Please pray that they will establish a firm relationship with God through prayer and by seeing him in all things and that they will never feel alone. Please let them know that God always has his ears open to what you have to say and is willing to listen to you at any time. May God open up doors and avenues for the lonely to meet new friends to grow in faith together. Some people to keep in mind for this prayer are the prisoners in prison: May they get visitors and letters. The patients in hospitals and psychiatric ward wards: may they get visitors and letters. The soldiers overseas: may they get care packages and letters and photos of friends and loved ones.

thank you for reminding me to pray for the lonely. I was a Marine from 83 to 87 and found it to be very lonely at times. Being away from family at holidays was hard.

I am praying for the lonely tonight.

God Bless.

You dear good soul. Thank you for such wonderful compassion. May God truly bless you.

Desire to help others
Our God please intercede in me all my life for other people. Accept as prayer, my desire to help others, and bless them in all our interactions. Accept as prayer for others, every breath, heartbeat and cell of my body, every thought, word and act of my life. Let all I am as child of God, be united with Your love for others. Let me become a living “amen” to all Your loving hopes and dreams for other people. This can only be realised through Your merciful love, which You reveal through Jesus in those who follow His ways.

Allow Your Spirit in me to spiritually locate the sad and abused, lonely and despairing, anywhere in any age, so that I may obtain the word or touch that decides them for life, goodness and love. I wish no person, however wretched or sinful, however lukewarm or obnoxious, to feel overlooked. Yet if only I were not such a poor instrument. Yet in this period of history, a two-dollar piece of paper with a few hopeful symbols upon it, can win even as much as twenty million dollars. Likewise let me ‘win’ Your Mercy (which each trusting soul can win) so that I may truly be able to help others. February 2002

Our God, I ask You to heal any way I fail to live with spontaneity and joy, and enhance my capacity to cheer and bless others. I ask You to heal any way I fail Your loving dream of me, and any failure to promote the fulfilment of Your dreams for anyone. I trust You to heal anyone who judges me, of the burden of their judgement, as it may pointlessly distract and irritate them. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person whom You created me to be. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person that You created me to be in order that I may bring Your love and kindness to others.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Lord, for all these intentions I pray. Amen.

Jesus, Scripture tells us, “It is not good that man should be alone.” [Genesis 2:8] Yet loneliness affects many people even in company because they feel unable to trust in their value to others. They often feel rejected and unloved, and have little self-esteem.

Jesus, we humans hope for companionship that is reciprocal and happy, with love that affirms our individuality and value. We seek in others the gift of ourselves forgiven and accepted in all our faults. We also secretly desire others’ recognition of our hidden beauty. We cannot receive such a gift unless we can also give to others the gift of themselves accepted by love that is aware, not blind.

Express Your love in our relationships as we seek to live in gospel community, not as isolated individuals. For only where individuals and communities are willing to love and to minister to others, do we find in each other the nourishing power of Christ’s presence.

Therefore, let the lonely and hurt understand their need to welcome others in charity in however small or great means open to them, rather than to remain trapped in isolation or self-pity. However if they remain isolated, we offer You their pain, united with the atoning loneliness of Your own earthly exile, in reparation for all sins against compassion, against friendship, justice and unity.

Jesus let us gently bring Your love to the lonely, to all persons who hunger for love and companionship. “God gives the lonely a permanent home.” [Psalm 68:6]

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Trishie and others praying in this thread,
Thanks for those those prayers and also sharing those quotes from the Bible concerning concerning lonliness. Thanks for the prayers again guys it is nice to know there are people you can count on for special prayer intentions, that makes you feel less lonely in itself.

*Amen to this–praying along with you. This is a beautiful thread. *

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Jesus, Scripture tells us, “It is not good that man should be alone.” [Genesis 2:8] Yet loneliness affects many people even in company because they feel unable to trust in their value to others. They often feel rejected and unloved, and have little self-esteem.

Jesus please give comfort to those who are separated from home and family, or from their spouses and children through separation or divorce, and to those who have lost the person whom they love and courted, because for these there is no easy answer, for these sometimes there is loneliness deep in the soul that nothing seems to fill. Please give them occupation and friendships, and where possible, reconcliation with loved ones.

Where loved ones are separated by death O Jesus please fill the chasm of their loss and loneliness.

Jesus, we humans hope for companionship that is reciprocal and happy, with love that affirms our individuality and value. We seek in others the gift of ourselves forgiven and accepted in all our faults. We also secretly desire others’ recognition of our hidden beauty. We cannot receive such a gift unless we can also give to others the gift of themselves accepted by love that is aware, not blind.

Express Your love in our relationships as we seek to live in gospel community, not as isolated individuals. For only where individuals and communities are willing to love and to minister to others, do we find in each other the nourishing power of Christ’s presence.

Therefore, let the lonely and hurt understand their need to welcome others in charity in however small or great means open to them, rather than to remain trapped in isolation or self-pity. However if they remain isolated, we offer You their pain, united with the atoning loneliness of Your own earthly exile, in reparation for all sins against compassion, against friendship, justice and unity.

Jesus let us gently bring Your love to the lonely, to all persons who hunger for love and companionship. “God gives the lonely a permanent home.” [Psalm 68:6]

Gospel of Matthew 28:20

"And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today for all persons who feel a sense of despair and loneliness in this world. It is quite easy for this to happen, as the world is full of people and situations that are contrary to your teachings and the way you would have us live, even in our own families, dear Lord. No one ever promised us this would be easy, and Your Way is the narrow path that is often like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle, but with Your grace and Your love, all things are possible. Lord, please bless all the good people who follow your path faithfully and who want to share the companionship and fellowship of being with those of like mind, but whom often find themselves in a situation or place where they become withdrawn and lonely. Lord, please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit, who lives within each person, to be present and to be with each of these individuals in a way they can personally connect with and experience. Please also help each one to find fellowship with persons who are caring and interested in including them in social, worship, and service activities. Lord Jesus, please help each of your people to understand you desire a total giving and fulfilling relationship with each one of your people, and help us to move towards that reality with each step we take on our faith journey. Please bless each person who feels the detachment and loneliness in their life, and bless each person who can reach out and be the face of Jesus to them at the right time in the right situation, to bring about the little heaven on earth you have planned, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

please lord, may everyone come to see that you will never leave them and that they always have someone that cares for them and loves them as well.

Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Gospel of Matthew 28:20

"And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions today for all persons who feel a sense of despair and loneliness in this world. It is quite easy for this to happen, as the world is full of people and situations that are contrary to your teachings and the way you would have us live, even in our own families, dear Lord. No one ever promised us this would be easy, and Your Way is the narrow path that is often like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle, but with Your grace and Your love, all things are possible. Lord, please bless all the good people who follow your path faithfully and who want to share the companionship and fellowship of being with those of like mind, but whom often find themselves in a situation or place where they become withdrawn and lonely. Lord, please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit, who lives within each person, to be present and to be with each of these individuals in a way they can personally connect with and experience. Please also help each one to find fellowship with persons who are caring and interested in including them in social, worship, and service activities. Lord Jesus, please help each of your people to understand you desire a total giving and fulfilling relationship with each one of your people, and help us to move towards that reality with each step we take on our faith journey. Please bless each person who feels the detachment and loneliness in their life, and bless each person who can reach out and be the face of Jesus to them at the right time in the right situation, to bring about the little heaven on earth you have planned, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Lord, please give them experience of Your love in prayer,
and companionship of others.
Help them to seek how to make others’ life happier,
witnessing gospel love.

Jesus today my particular concern is those who suffer loneliness and abandonment because they have lost their marriage partners to divorce and cannot obtain an annulment, so remain in a lonely no-mans-land, for the rest of their lives.

I feel very bad about that, Jesus. I find it awful that they are in this predicament for life, even though they long to have spouses and family, and would be great marriage partners and parents. This really hurts, and they can become very depressed…and some can go on to sin due to their inability to bear this huge cross of loneliness.
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
Where possible please allow annulment and a new beginning, a new happy Sacramental marriage, and family to cherish and raise.

Jesus please give each of them grace to turn to You in their loneliness and need.
Please inspire a caring friend or family to welcome and include them.
Please help hem to find companionship and structure for their lives, serving others with Christian charity.
Surround them with Your light and love,
each person in this situation.
Thank You, Jesus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.