Prayer request for the repose of Catherine

[FONT=Arial]Dear folks,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]It is with great sadness, and pain that I have to tell you this. Cathy, my wife of 46+ years suffered a severe heart attack and passed away at 1AM this morning. Her poor heart just could not handle the strain put on it from the severe swellings in her legs and arm. She had been suffering from cancer for the past 2 years and was in Hospice for only a few weeks but they took care of her as if she was one of their own.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I humbly ask that you remember her in your prayers[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]God bless you all,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Joe Stearne[/FONT]

Joe, my heart and prayers go out to you. I am glad that your wife’s last days were at a hospice. I work at our local one on Fridays and I see the wonderful and loving work they do. I cannot imagine the pain you must be in right now. I will offer a rosary tonight for you and your beloved wife and I will remember her at Mass on Sunday. God bless you.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who has trampled down Death and overthrown the Devil, and given life unto Your world, give, we beseech You, eternal rest to the soul of Your departed servant, in a place of brightness, in a place of verdure, in a place of repose, from whence all pain, sorrow, and sighing, have fled away.

Pardon, we beseech You, every transgression which may have been committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For there is no man who lives and does not commit a sin. You only are without sin, Your righteousness is everlasting, and Your word is the Truth.

For You are the Resurrection, and the Life, and the repose of Your departed servant, O Christ our God, and unto You we ascribe glory, together with eternal the Father, and Your Most Holy, and Good, and Life-giving Spirit, now and forever, and for ages to come. Amen

May our gracious and merciful Lord, who rose from the dead, Christ, our True God, through the intercessions of His Holy Mother, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, and of all the Saints, establish the soul of His departed servant Catherine in the mansions of the righteous; give rest in the bosom of Abraham, and number her soul among the just, and have mercy upon us and save us.

May Catherine’s memory be eternal.

Thank all of you so much for all your prayers and condolences on behalf of my wife Catherine.

Hospice is a most wonderful family of care givers. They are tops in my books. They took care of everything for my wife and that relieved the burden of things that would have weighed me down. God bless this wonderful organization and their efforts to improve the lives that are beseiged by the effects of dreadful diseases.

My wife and I just finished our rosary tonight, and I switched this on. Be assured our rosary tomorrow night will be for her, and for you, and will be until we finish our novena.

I will pray for your wife tonight. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

You will have my prayers tonight as well.

God Bless.

My prayers are with yours tonight, Joe.

God bless.

May Mary watch over you and protect you and comfort you and bring you closer to Christ through your sufferings and her tender touch.

My prayers are with your wife’s precious soul, and with you and your family. May God give you peace.

Much love,
tony

Thank you all for your loving concern and words of sympathy. They are comforting and are greatly appreciated at this time.

A funeral Mass will be held on Monday morning.

Hello Joe Stearne,

I am sorry that Cathy has passed away. I have just prayed for her. This week is still good to receive indulgences for all Holy Soul. I’ll be remembering her in my prayers and all masses I will attend.

God bless!

I will offer up Mondays noon mass for her. Peace be with you. :heart:

Prayers.

I’m so sorry for your loss. May she look upon the face of Jesus.

I’m still remembering her Joe :thumbsup:

God Bless you,

I am so sorry, you have my prayers and regrets

So sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers for her soul and for you. She sounds like a marvelous woman who went through much suffering. Now she is free of pain and you are left with many loving memories of all those years God gave you with your sweet wife.

Love, peace and prayers,

Mom of 5

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon her.

May she rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

May she rest in peace and God comfort her loved ones.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.