Prayer Request For Vocation

It's hard to talk about this, but I wanted to ask for prayers as I continue to discern God's will for my life. I was part of a religious order for two years, and left on good terms. I know it was the right decision, but am still extremely depressed and am concerned for my mental and emotional well-being. There was nothing wrong with the community, it's all me - I'm very upset with God right now - I feel He's been so unclear and I'm so hurt over this seeming rejection - I truly thought this was my vocation and now I'm totally lost. I have extreme anger over all this and have lost a lot of trust - just very frustrated and confused. Please pray for me as I continue to seek His will and heal through this. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I certainly will keep you in prayer. I came out of religious life also and at the time although not really angry, I was very confused as I was now convinced religious life was not my vocation but had no idea what was. As life unfolded and rolled on, I came to discover that all I had experienced in religious life, all I had learnt, was utilized when my real vocation unfolded before me, which was not religious life. I came to understand why I had had the experiences I did have and learnt the things I did learn in religious life. If you do not choose to re enter religious life and try again, perhaps you may have a similar experience.

I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers. God bless

Jeff

Do not be afraid.

God is love and who ever remains in love, remains in him.

He is patient so do not worry because he understands more than any one what you are going through. Give it a time and obey his silence just take a break and be calm meanwhile ask him to help you understand if "this whole thing" is his will.

Ask Madonna Della Strada (Our Lady of way) to help you as well as visit our blessed Lord in the Eucharist and cry to him for understanding.

I will pray for you.
Densy.

Hello
dear friend please don't blame God, if this is meant for you it won't go past you i will keep you in my prayers. Good luck GB.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.