Prayer request from a friend

I’m just going to copy and paste her request:

I would like to ask you all to pray for my sister, Angela, who is currently 11 weeks pregnant with their first child.
She was just diagnosed with Torticollis, a muscular shortening in the neck area. She was a large baby in utero which caused her positioning to affect her neck for the duration of the pregancy. My parents were told there would be no affect as long as they rotated her neck, which they did. Now though, since nothing has been done for years, it has come back and at her age now, is chronic. The docs think that the stress of the pg, with long term neck strain has caused this current flare-up. We are hoping it is just a flare-up, and that it will dissipate…but that is not common at her age.
She was experiencing some neck pain a few days ago and it has become so painful, that she cannot lift her head and has limited lateral motion. She cannot walk alone, or go the bathroom unassisted. Her husband is doing all that he can, but she has to sit in a recliner all day on her own until he can get to her on his breaks. To make this worse, if it is possible, she cannot take the medication or do the procedures that could ease the pain because of the pregnancy. The condition does not threaten the life of the child, thank God. Please pray for her and my brother in law, that they have the strength to make it through this. My sister is in such distress, she is worried how she can take care of her child when she cant lift her head! It breaks my heart that we cannot be there with her…
We will be saying a novena to St. Gerard, and asking for the intercessions of Saint Ursicinus, the patron saint of neck stiffness and the patron Saint against arthritis, Saintt Alphonsus that my sister be healed and made able to function as a wife and mother! Please forward this email to any prayer chains you may have!
Thank you, and God Bless!
Amanda

May Our Lord and His blessed mother be with your sister today and every day… I ask Our Lord to heal your sister of her horrible affliction and to grant her the health to give birth and to be well in body and mind…Chronic pain is not only physically debilitiating but it wears you down mentally and emotionally as well… I pray that your sister finds healing and is able to deliver safely :highprayer::gopray2::angel1:

Lord, with your healing hand and loving mercy, please touch this pregnant woman and comfort her and her husband as they endure this matter. Assist them with the powers of holy angels. Bestow on them graces for patience, fortitude, and love. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

Mother Mary, please make your intentions in this matter come true. I entrust Angela to your loving care. Amen.

Amen.

Thank you for the prayers, my friend gave an update:

An update!
I spoke to Angela the night before last, and she is feeling much better! She can start the physical therapy this week which should loosen and relax her muscles again. She can walk on her own, and doesnt need to use her hands to lift her head. =)
She will continue the therapy until the pain/soreness is gone, and then they will go from there. Her doc told her that this was porbably just a flare up, and is hopeful that it wont come back while she is preggo so she can get the good meds for the pain. She also suggessted that now that my sis knows the feeling right before the flareup, she can take extra precautions to help ease the muscles before they freak out…
What a scare…We were so worreid that she would be bedridden! Please keep her in your prayers that she continue to get better and never have this happen again!!! She is too far away…
Thank you prayer warriors!
xoxo

Praise God for the improvement, will keep on praying.

Amen.

Praying

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
Your eyes of mercy toward us;
and after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.