Prayer request-I couldn't make it to confession

Because of the blizzard. I couldn't make it into confession. I want to just make a prayer of contrition. If you can just pray with me and for me I would appreciate it.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest my sins because of your just punishment. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to sin no more, and to avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen.

GBY

[quote="pollylodges, post:1, topic:180305"]
Because of the blizzard. I couldn't make it into confession. I want to just make a prayer of contrition. If you can just pray with me and for me I would appreciate it.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest my sins because of your just punishment. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to sin no more, and to avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen.

GBY

[/quote]

God understands the weather. Just get to Confession whenever you can.

-Jeanne

Me neither. There was blizzard conditions right around 2-3pm or so.

:signofcross:

I kind of wanted to go to confession before Christmas...

[quote="Jennifer_G, post:3, topic:180305"]
Me neither. There was blizzard conditions right around 2-3pm or so.

:signofcross:

I kind of wanted to go to confession before Christmas...

[/quote]

Church of the Good Shepherd in Glen Burnie has a penance service tomorrow at 7pm... with TEN priests hearing confessions.

Hoping for liberal leave tomorrow.

I couldn’t go the other night either. I offer this contrition up as well. I also am still snowed in and homebound so I watched the live Mass on EWTN. Heavenly Father please dwell in our hearts while we miss being with you at our Parishes. Amen

Do you have any remaining furloughs? I think they eventually allowed us to use them whenever we wanted (originally, that wasn’t the case).

Father on behalf of our friend Pollylodges I pray the act of contrition.Please grant her sins be forgiven and her intent was pure and good the weather prevented her attending confession.Lord please hear our prayer Amen

Oh My God, I am very sorry that I have sinned against you.
Because you are so good, and with your help,
I will try not to sin again.
Amen.

Lord, may pollylodges make an act of perfect contrition and find her peace in that and in her intention to go to confession as soon as possible. Bless her with a beautiful priest to confess to and a beautiful confession well made. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I make under 40,000 so I didn’t have to take any additonal time. out of the five service reduciton days I have to use two days of leave in their place. Originally my boss told me to use two of my remaining personal days on Christmas Eve and New Years and the last personal Wednesday… but Friday he changed his mind and told me I could leave half day (at 11:30… thank God because I went to the market)… and half day tomorrow… but I ended up taking a personal today because my street wasn’t 100% clean. so I will use my remaining day and a half tomorrow and Wednesday and guess use annual for Christmas and New Years (I have plenty)

did you take a furlough today?

[quote="marleelynn, post:9, topic:180305"]
I make under 40,000 so I didn't have to take any additonal time. out of the five service reduciton days I have to use two days of leave in their place. Originally my boss told me to use two of my remaining personal days on Christmas Eve and New Years and the last personal Wednesday... but Friday he changed his mind and told me I could leave half day (at 11:30... thank God because I went to the market)... and half day tomorrow... but I ended up taking a personal today because my street wasn't 100% clean. so I will use my remaining day and a half tomorrow and Wednesday and guess use annual for Christmas and New Years (I have plenty)

did you take a furlough today?

[/quote]

No, I went in today (good thing to, since I had to fix a server that people store stuff on - the usual IT people either came in later, or were stuck behind a 5-foot wide wall of snow-plow driven snow).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.