Prayer request: pray for the troubled people on this board

You know who I mean.

Tomorrow in my daily Rosary I will keep in mind the truly troubled people that have sprung up lately in the politics forum. I urge others to do the same. Rational discussion doesn’t help. It’s time to ask for God’s help. :gopray:

[quote=ktm]You know who I mean.

Tomorrow in my daily Rosary I will keep in mind the truly wacko nutjobs that have sprung up lately in the politics forum. I urge others to do the same. Rational discussion doesn’t help. It’s time to ask for God’s help. :gopray:
[/quote]

This was a very rude post you made there, ktm.

OK maybe you are right. I changed the vocabulary.

I really worry about the people that aren’t interested in politics. I too think some posts are out of line. There’s the far left and there’s the far right. However, those that don’t care enough to even debate are voting too and I worry the most about them.

The rudeness is not just on the political forums. I have even read some posts of home schoolers that claim their’s is the only way and all else is stupid. People don’t stop and think how they sound sometimes.

Rudeness has no place on this Catholic Forum. I like being able to discuss what is happening in the world. It is more comfortable on these forums than out in the REAL WORLD, however.

What surprises me really is the number of people that only comment when they are critical. I have noticed this with several people. When I see their posts I know they will be extremely critical What do we learn from that? Have they been unleashed without the rating system in place.

KTM - why don’t you pray for yourself and pray that God will help you to communicate with those that you disagree with or those that are troubled. Sometimes we think that people are troubled or not right thinking are wrong when it is us that need to request help to love them.

In loving a person, you meet them where they are at…right now and in the present. You love them by being kind, generous and above all charitable. That does not mean that you need to deny truth, but it does mean that you need to seek the truth a little more deeply within yourself. (I am writing this to me, as well!)

I pray that I can do the above and I believe that if we all pray for ourselves to be the witnesses God calls us to be that we can pray for others without condemning anyone.

God Bless -

[quote=Fitz]I really worry about the people that aren’t interested in politics. I too think some posts are out of line. There’s the far left and there’s the far right. However, those that don’t care enough to even debate are voting too and I worry the most about them.

The rudeness is not just on the political forums. I have even read some posts of home schoolers that claim their’s is the only way and all else is stupid. People don’t stop and think how they sound sometimes.

Rudeness has no place on this Catholic Forum. I like being able to discuss what is happening in the world. It is more comfortable on these forums than out in the REAL WORLD, however.

What surprises me really is the number of people that only comment when they are critical. I have noticed this with several people. When I see their posts I know they will be extremely critical What do we learn from that? Have they been unleashed without the rating system in place.
[/quote]

I hope you’re not referring to me…:o

I find that I don’t need to post when someone else has already stated my opinion (most likely much clearer than I could anyway). So most likely, I am posting to refute someone else.

Peace.

[quote=chimakuni]KTM - why don’t you pray for yourself and pray that God will help you to communicate with those that you disagree with or those that are troubled. Sometimes we think that people are troubled or not right thinking are wrong when it is us that need to request help to love them.

In loving a person, you meet them where they are at…right now and in the present. You love them by being kind, generous and above all charitable. That does not mean that you need to deny truth, but it does mean that you need to seek the truth a little more deeply within yourself. (I am writing this to me, as well!)

I pray that I can do the above and I believe that if we all pray for ourselves to be the witnesses God calls us to be that we can pray for others without condemning anyone.

God Bless -
[/quote]

Yap, you’re right. I guess I just finally lost my patience with a particular post that stated we essentially deserved the 9/11 attacks and we should expect more attacks because we Americans are all uneducated morons.

[quote=ktm]Yap, you’re right. I guess I just finally lost my patience with a particular post that stated we essentially deserved the 9/11 attacks and we should expect more attacks because we Americans are all uneducated morons.
[/quote]

Uneducated morons? Well! That is quite a generalization, isn’t it?

Quite frankly, the terrorists do not frighten me. I know that I will die some day. I know that I must live my life so that I am ready to face God and be in His Presence at any moment. I try to remember that when the warnings go from yellow to green, or whatever they do!

I do have a small fear that our sons will be liiving under muslim domination. However, I trust in Jesus and must continue to place my trust in Him.

So, my prayers are to remember HE is in control. HE does not see us as uneducated morons. After all, I do have my BA ed…doesn’t that count??? :smiley:

So let us pray for one another…

:ehh: Not quite sure I get this so forgive me if I am totally off but: Praying is a good thing, but a lot of times when someone says “I’ll pray for you.” it is meant much more as a backhanded slap then it is a reassurance of kindred love for our God.

Is that what this thread is about?

Because to say that you will pray for someone because you are at odds with their political views is presumptuous in the extreme. Instead of issuing a vague post to everyone why don’t you PM the people you are most concerned about to let them know you will be praying for them. It would mean so much more to them and come off so much less condescending to everyone else.

-D

[quote=darcee]Praying is a good thing, but a lot of times when someone says “I’ll pray for you.” it is meant much more as a backhanded slap then it is a reassurance of kindred love for our God.
[/quote]

So true. When I was just about the only Catholic poster and Church defender on some of the Fundy Boards, I had so many people telling me that they were praying for me. It didn’t take much to realize that they were not expressing “kindred love.” :slight_smile:

[quote=theTaxCollector]I hope you’re not referring to me…:o

I find that I don’t need to post when someone else has already stated my opinion (most likely much clearer than I could anyway). So most likely, I am posting to refute someone else.

Peace.
[/quote]

No, I am not referring to anyone refuting an opinion. I am more referring to someone that has to cut the person down to size for their opinion when they refute. I think that the exchange is very beneficial when done with some respect. I think that is why the poster started this in the first place.

[quote=Fitz]No, I am not referring to anyone refuting an opinion. I am more referring to someone that has to cut the person down to size for their opinion when they refute. I think that the exchange is very beneficial when done with some respect. I think that is why the poster started this in the first place.
[/quote]

This is close to what I had in mind. I certainly was not thinking of “liberal” Catholics like Rich. I was thinking of irrational people, those who say things like George Bush is pro-life because he needs extra ground troops to help him kill Muslims. My request is for “troubled” people (I originally used the uncharitable phrase “wacko nutjobs”.) I am talking about folks who have legitimate mental problems who are posting here. I am 100% serious about my prayer request. And I did take one poster’s suggestion of including myself in my prayer to be more charitable. That was a good suggestion. I know it will help! :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Dear Blessed Mother,
Please intercede for ktm’s intentions. May the Peace of Christ be with her, her family, friends, loved ones and all those whose lives they touch, Amen.

Interactive Rosary online:
www.familyrosary.org

24/7 Worldwide Live Rosary Participation:
www.comepraytherosary.org

The Fourth Glorious Mystery - The Holy Assumption

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen
(10 times)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the
beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls
to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy, Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.