Prayer Request Relating to College Days

I recently came across writings of a former Chapel Life Coordinator (or somesuch position title) from the Free Methodist University I attended in the late 1980s. He’s an active proponent now of what I guess you might call the militant homosexual agenda. I remember sitting in his office and interviewing him about his spiritual journey for a religious class. I remember him being sincere and enthusiastic about his faith, and it was always a joy to hear his fingers dance across those piano keys; he is an incredibly talented musician.

Now, I find that he’s writing about the need to abolish the institution of marriage altogether–force everyone into civil unions. I guess I’m struck with this lost soul who seems angry and bitter now at those of faith and who has turned his back on the life Christ would have for him.

For some reason, I keep feeling sorry for this person, and all I can think of doing is to offer a prayer. If you would join me in praying for Steve, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

You are so kind to pray for an old school friend to regain his faith. It’s an honor to join you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Father, in Jesus’ name please reclaim this once devout man of faith who has become an enemy of Christ.

Jesus go in search of this lost sheep and bring him back to the fold. Prevent Steve from leading others astray. Lead them to Christian faith and values as You carry him back.

Holy Spirit please give repentance, wisdom, and conversion to him and his followers and to all who openly or secretly undermine Christian truth and values, so that their ill-intentions come to nothing and they are redeemed in faith and love.

Holy God
Holy Mighty One
Holy Immortal One
Have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.

Praying for Steve now.

Thank you for the prayers.

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Praying for your intentions…

+JMJTJ+

Keeping your intentions in my prayers.

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with Thee,
Blessed are Thou among women
Blesses is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen:crossrc:

I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who has participated on this thread. Your prayers appreciated!

Praying.

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.