Prayer request that i be healed of this rare cancer... battled many years now

I was raised mormon, but wanted to be a nun since i was a child. I’m 32 now and still want this… this was not a passing fancy by any means! But there are clergy and laypeople alike who keep discouraging me in this and i don’t know why. I know there are no orders that i am aware of that accept sick or frail women, but I cannot stop this desire. I feel stifled almost like the desire is eating me alive. I wish God would take this desire away, at long last, if this were not His will. Please pray for me saints and all Saints and angels of God, pray for me too…

With love in Christ,

Laura+

Lord God,

Please Cure Laura of her Cancer so she may give her life to You! Through the intercession of the cancer saint, Pegernine, and our Blessed Mother Mary heal her and strengthen her!

Amen

Bless you-
Am praying for you.

Dear Laura: Is your health “sick or frail”? If so, it may be that Our Lord is calling you to be a victim soul who is called to suffer with Him. It is not necessary that you be a nun to act in this role. Ask your spiritual director to aid you in this. If you don’t have a spiritual director it would be wise for you to get one. Shop around and get a holy priest to guide you.
My prayers and best wishes to you. bobmck

Dear little one, you are pleasing to Jesus as you are. If He wants this for you, it will happen. Trust in Him alone. I recommend you to the Source of all Life and Happiness, the Sacred and Merciful Heart of Jesus.

peace and blessings,
Terrysa

Praying for you Laura!! God Bless.

Lord, may this good woman unite her sufferings to your Son Jesus’ sufferings and offer it up for the conversion of souls. May she be cured of her of her cancer, Lord, if you desire her to serve you as a nun. She has a strong desire to serve you. May she still live with the purity, poverty and obedience of a holy nun, if she is too ill to be an actual nun serving you in a cloister right now. I pray that she remains faithful to you, living in service of you, no matter what the outcome of her health situation. Bless her and make her a saint, if she isn’t one already. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

St. Peregrine, holy patron of those with cancer, pray for the OP. :crossrc:

Laura, you are already chosen and called to the vocation of suffering for the salvation of others, with your emotional and physical sufferings united to Jesus on the Cross, and with the Eucharist.You will find that you share this vocation and may recognise your unity with Jesus in Isaiah 53:1-12…the fourth song of the Suffering Servant.

I will be praying for you. God Bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St. Peregrine, pray for the OP. Lord, please heal this cancer if it be Your Will, and bring her to the vocation you have in mind for her. Amen.

If it is not God’s will to heal her but her vocation to carry the cross of suffering for others, please her her to carry it, dear Jesus

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Laura)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.