Prayer Request

This Christmas is hard for me, because I have lost two friends.
They are not dead; one has simply disappeared out of my life without any explanation, and the other, I discovered, is not being faithful to his wife, so I can’t view him in the same way ever again. Both of these men I viewed as trustworthy, and both have not been so.

So- this Christmas, despite all of the blessings I and my family have received, is bittersweet… please pray for these two men and for me that I can find some peace about them.

I really do need prayers - if you have the time, add me to your rosary intentions. I’ve been saying the Rosary a lot begging Our Lady for her prayers. If I could express quiet desperation in a forum written format, I would. It just… hurts, hurts, hurts.

From the Liturgy of the Hours for Monday, Dec. 29:

Prayers and Intercessions

God in his compassion sent us Christ, the prince of peace. Let us trustingly proclaim:

• Peace to men of good will.

Almighty God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, in this season the Church celebrates your saving love:
graciously accept our praises.
From the very beginning, you promised us your victory through Christ our saviour:
grant that all mankind may be illuminated by the light of your Gospel.
We give praise to your Son. Abraham joyfully foresaw his coming; the patriarchs hoped for it; the prophets announced it and the people longed for it.
Bring salvation to all Israel.
By your will, your Son’s birth was proclaimed by the angels in heaven. From age to age the Apostles and martyrs and all the faithful join in praise with them:
give peace to the world, the peace that the angels announced.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Almighty and invisible God, by your coming you dispelled the shadows of this world.
We ask you to look with favour upon us
so that we may worthily celebrate the splendour of your Son’s nativity.

He lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

I will most definitely add both men to my prayers for you. DOn’t give up prayer takes time sometimes But God always answers.:slight_smile: Your not alone just remember that:).
Faustina

Ella I ask Jesus to help you to recover from your hurt and disillusionment.
I ask Jesus’ healing for your friends marriage;
and that God will protect and bless the friend who has disappeared.
I ask Jesus to give restoration and grace to all concerned.

May Jesus bless and comfort you,

Dear Jesus, seal Ella’s wounds with the miracle of Your healing touch. In You are afflictions remedied. Draw her near to You, now and forever, joyfully and mercifully. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

Thank you, it is a great comfort to me to know that others are praying with me and for me.

praying for you. amen

David

oh ella

I can relate to one of your situations. A former friend of mine dropped out of my life with no explanation after he returned from Iraq. We had a falling out of sorts and he just stopped calling I spent almost 2 years trying to get back in touch with him. Finally one day he picked up the phone not realizing that it was me when he did he pretended he didn’t know me and when that didn’t work instead of telling the truth and saying that he was ending our friendship his last words to me were I’m sorry but… and then he simply hung up the phone in my face. A few weeks later I was given some bad information that he was back in Iraq and the unit that I believed he was with took some casualties so rather than tell me he was not even in Iraq he allowed me to think that he was dead I only found out the truth was one of my friends discovered that he wasn’t even in the military anymore! Only then did it become clear that he would go to any length to sever our friendship even if it meant that he allowed me to think he was dead in Iraq. Since then I have found it very difficult to forgive him and have not been able to do so yet. I just hope I never have to see him again in my life. A true friend doesn’t do stuff like this.

Ella, will pray a rosary for you and your friends.

Ella I will pray for you and for your lost friends.

I will also pray that you can find forgiveness for their trespasses and find peace.

May the Lord be with you.

opps I got carried away and forgot about the most important thing which is Ella I am praying for you and both of your friends I pray that you will have a much happier resolution with your friends and do not have to go through the same painful experience as I went through. As you can tell even now I am struggling to come to terms with what has happened and I pray that you will have a much happier outcome than I did.

Praying!

Thank you everybody!

Aydan thanks for your post about your friend that disappeared. That is so sad.

I have given the situation to Our Lady and as long as I don’t keep yanking it back from her hands I know she will intercede for me to keep me from worry and that she will cover him with her mantle and keep him safe.

As for my other friend, the one having an affair, I am praying for serenity and for his marraige.

Please remember me and these two men in your Rosaries.

You are welcome Ella I just wanted you to know you’re not alone and I hope that other people may learn from this very painful trial I’ve had to endure it has tested my faith to its limits that’s for sure. I would appreciate it if people could pray that I’m able to forgive my former friend and pray for him as well.

Dear Lord
Please pour out your mercy and grace upon Ella and her friends. Grant your forgiveness where it is needed. May your Holy Spirit direct them in your wisdom and love back to you, their Heavenly Father. Bind what is broken and restore to all your joy and peace

Amen

Prayers promised

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.