Prayer request

Please pray for my future son-in-law, Mark. He was in a terrible accident on Dec. 27, in which he fractured his skull and two vertebra in his neck. It is only by the grace of God he wasn’t killed or paralyzed. He is progressing very well to the amazement of the doctors, but he has vision problems due to nerve damage to his eyes. His right eye is shutting down and the doctor said if it doesn’t come back in 6 months, it won’t return to normal. He is very active and this has all been devastating to him. Any prayers will be deeply appreciated.

Loving God,

Your son Jesus is the master healer of all the ills of mankind including leprosy, possession by demons, paralysis, blindness, and all forms of health problems. We pray that the divine mercy and healing power of Jesus be present to Mark through the power of the Holy Spirit. Please also send your wisdom and kindness to all who care for Mark, both doctors and nurses and family and friends.

We pray in the name of Jesus your son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying very hard for Mark’s complete return to good health!

Merciful Jesus, during Your life on earth You showed great concern for the sick and the infirm. Have compassion now on Mark who was in a car accident on Dec 27. Grant him a healing of mind and body and restore his strength and spirit. Restore the sight to his eyes. Comfort him with the knowledge that we are praying for him and his family, and give them peace with a sense of Your presence. May they know that in a special way they are united with You, their suffering Christ. May they contribute to the welfare of the Whole People of God by associating themselves freely with Your passion and death for the salvation of the world. Bless, too, those who take care of the sick. In their own time of need, bestow on them a hundredfold the blessings they have given to others. Amen

Oh, that poor young man. Praying for him and all who love him…

Granny, I will be praying for Mark.

:gopray:

Prayer to Saint Lucy of Syracuse

Saint Lucy, your beautiful name signifies light. By the light of faith which God bestowed upon you, increase and preserve this light in my soul so that I may avoid evil, be zealous in the performance of good works, and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and the darkness of evil and of sin.

By your intercession with God, obtain for me perfect vision for my bodily eyes and the grace to use them for God’s greater honor and glory and the salvation of all men.

Saint Lucy, virgin and martyr, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions.
Amen

stlucychurch.org/index.php/Saint_Lucy

:signofcross:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Aldebaron, your prayers are very insightful and very compassionate. God bless your dear heart.
“Amen” to your prayer for Mark and his family.

Granny, your future son in law, and your family will be in my prayers and Masses.
Thank You, Jesus, for Your merciful love. Please flood it on this family.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

For Mark…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers for Mark’s healing and for the family.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.