Prayer Request

Dear friends,

My cousin came to visit my Uncle Adam (her father) this week. We really don’t know much about what’s happening but they seem to be having a good visit.

Unfortunately, my cousin didn’t call us until she had been here for some time. That makes it hard for us to plan our lives around her visit. We wish she would have called us as soon as she checked into her hotel. Before she came, she said she wanted my mom to take her to see her dad but apparently she decided to see him on her own but we didn’t know that she had decided to do that. My mom was willing to help facilitate that 15 year reunion, but she feels like she was taken for granted again. Seeing him was the main purpose of my cousin’s visit but we’ve been kind of treated as if we’re expected to drop everything at their convenience. So, we probably won’t get to see her.

As for my Uncle Adam, he seems to be feeling better. He hasn’t been calling my mom for help and advice lately. He usually only calls when he needs something.

Anyway, please keep the whole situation in your prayers. Pray that he and his daughter and her kids have a good visit and that he becomes more motivated to get proper medical treatment and take care of himself.

Pray also that his daughter gets back home safely. She lives over 400 miles away.

In addition, pray for our dysfunctional family. My mom is tired of being used by them. They only call when they want something and they never call to ask how we’re doing. They don’t do the little things that people who care should do. For example, invite us over for a meal or show any interest in us as human beings. I guess those little things aren’t as important to me, but they are to my mom and I understand how she feels. At this point in her life, my mom is tired of being a doormat. Pray that God works everything out for His glory and the good of everyone.

Finally, we got our tax refund today and we praise God for it! Please pray that we’ll pay off our most important bills and that somehow our income will increase right away. Stressing about money and my job situation is bad for my blood pressure and my mom’s heart condition.

May God grant all of your needs and desires according to His will,

Victor

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Praying for your intentions.

I’ve said a prayer for you! I hope your family situation straightens out and that you get your finances under control too. I especially know how horrible that is. :o

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

In my prayers you will be…

I will pray for your family every day in front of the Blessed Sacrament. May your mother be graced with the words to communicate to her brother how much she wishes their relationship could be better. May you and your parents find peace and consolation in Jesus and may God provide for all your needs, material and spiritual. You each have a cross that you are bearing like the rest of us. May you all always carry them with all patience and love and never be afraid to call out to Jesus for help with all your heart when things seem too difficult. May God guide you and your family on how best to approach your relatives on the difficult topic of their relationship together. Things work out for those who love God. May you and your family remain in this love with burning love for Jesus always. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Victor, I’m thankful that the tax return has arrived! :slight_smile:

It’s good that your cousin felt strong enough to reunite with her Dad after 15 years under her own steam, but sad that her newfound courage resulted in hurt for your Mom. I’m sure your Mom must be delighted to know that the reconciliation of her brother and his daughter has taken place. I praise and thank God for this great grace.

I ask the Lord to help your mother to feel more appreciated and to find more joy in life. I ask the Lord to inspire the family to include her more positively,
and I thank God that she has to love of a good son.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.