Prayer request

Hi, everyone,

I’m new to the fourms and need to ask for prayers. I have been battling with anxiety and depression for about as long as I can remember. At times I sink very, very low, and it’s made all the worse because I feel that as a person of faith, I shouldn’t get caught in this spiral. I feel like I should know that God will see me through and all things will work out for the best, but when I’m here, I just can’t see it, and that makes me feel even worse. Could you please pray for me that I can dig out of this hole I’m in right now, and that, if at all possible, I can get some lasting relief from these issues?

I’m sorry to sound so selfish and weak, and I thank you all in advance for your prayers.

Welcome Bookworm70!

I am praying for your intention …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Prayers being sent for you…

It is good that you’re depending on God to help you through this trial, but please don’t forget that, although God is perfectly capable of healing you completely, He may also be asking you to see a doctor about this - depression and anxiety are real medical conditions just like diabetes and cancer.

i’ll be praying that God will send you the wisdom and clarity necessary for you to discern His will, and that you will be healed. God bless you!

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Amen

*Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.*

Praying for you. God Bless.

Praying for you

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art Thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thank you all so much for your prayes. I appreciate them so, so much.

Unfortunately I am on meds already, and though they help somewhat, they are not all that geat.

I know we’re not supposed to look for signs, and I am wary of reading too much into these things, but yesterday I just happened to get a prayer card to St. Dymphna in the mail. It may seem silly to some, but it really did encourage me.

Thank you all again for your prayers.

You don’t sound selfish and weak. I wonder how many people never battle with anxiety and depression?
Lord will You please help to guide our new friend to positive and practical ways to deal with anxiety and depression, and to discover any underlying cause that can be managed to help in these ‘down’ times.

Please also show Your continuing tender love, and help this unique, precious person to grow in faith and trust, drawing and creating a better future and happier self in You.

Dear St. Catherine of Genoa, you suffered from depression very badly at a time in your life and know what it feels like. Bookworm70 suffers from depression and also from anxiety. Please intercede that Bookworm70 can find relief through the reception of the Sacraments and from time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. If Bookworm70 still can’t be freed from the dark veil of depression and anxiety through prayer and the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, may he/she still keep praying, but offer it up for the salvation of his/her soul and for the salvation of souls. That way His will be done in Bookworm70’s life perfectly, and Bookworm70 will have merited much for himself/herself and for souls. I pray, Lord, that Bookworm70 can make a new friend who is like you and can put joy in his/her life and make Bookworm70 happy again. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

AMEN!

Praying to St. Dymphna for you.

Jesus and ordinary life
Jesus, God and man, for most of Your life You lived amongst us in unobtrusive labour. Through Your witness, we are encouraged to value the mundane tasks and events that dominate our lives, despite the discouragement that sometimes accompanies them.

Let us not overlook the value and message of the silent gospel of Your years of ‘ordinary’ service, overshadowed as they are by the drama of those last three years. It is surely a powerful silent witness that You, God incarnate, spent thirty years apparently ‘marking time’ in ordinary activity…as helpless infant…as refugee…as child of a poor family…as village tradesman. Thus is the ordinary, unrecognised and unrecorded routine of our daily lives elevated and sanctified while yet in obscurity, when it is lived in accordance with divine will.

In response to Your quiet example and Your inspired Word, we desire grace to live and work lovingly amongst others, obeying Your will as expressed in our vocations and our individual natures. The brief account of Your infancy and childhood emphasises this lesson. Although at twelve You revealed Your unique nature, You returned to humble daily activity.

We observe Your favoured human Mother, in her option to reject or cooperate with divine will for her life. Her acceptance carried with it some treasured secrets, but largely the ordinary life of human motherhood and home duties commonplace in the lives of multitudes of women throughout the centuries. Surely, her faith and hope were frequently tested in remembrance of divine promise in the face of ‘ordinary’ realities. Ultimately, however, her choice led to mental and emotional martyrdom.

Jesus, along with every human, in the desert You faced the choice to employ or misuse, the life, the gifts, and the trust reposed in You. You could embrace or refuse the alluring, deceptive temptations of the devil—gaudy and dramatic with ambition, sensuality and worldliness. Rejecting these temptations, You remained faithful to the God’s will, despite hardship, disappointment and sorrow.

Following almost thirty years of humble obscurity, You began public ministry, openly teaching and exemplifying the truths of the eternal Father, and fulfilling the covenant. Even as You took up Your divine ministry, You remained loving, obedient, wise and trusting. You accepted the realities of Your humanity, not vicariously, but fully, sacrificing this humanity in the culmination of every human deprivation and suffering. Your entire being became ‘a living wound’. [Isaiah] Following annihilation in Your humanity, You resurrected, to consummate Your defeat of sin and death for humankind.

You are witness that each person must accept divine will in the realities and actualities of our personal existences as we follow You our Way to life. Jesus, grant us to shoulder our daily cross lovingly, cheerfully and creatively, regardless of how arduous or ineffectual our lives may seem to ourselves. Grant us to bear our cross, in ordinary times and in crises, with perseverance, hope and peace, so that You may use us to open heaven to others who live within our influence. Thank You, Jesus, key of our salvation and holiness!

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Jesus please embrace this heart with Your love that knows more than any of us do, the unique value of this person before the One who creates out of love, and has treasured dreams for this person alone. Please may these dreams be fulfilled!

Loving God, I offer You my abilities and achievements. I offer You my failures and deprivations, with my love that gutters and flares, and with my flickering insight. I offer You my faith and hope that repeatedly requires renewal. Along with my prayers and efforts to love You and others, I offer You the intercession and thanksgiving that I fail to make, and my inadequate service and worship.

I offer You everything, including what I am most reluctant to relinquish or to face—trusting that in Your loving-kindness You will deal with all these things to their best disposition. I ask that You will free me from anxiety regarding success or failure in my life or apprehension for my loved ones. I commit these to Your care.

I trust that Your Spirit will assume freedom to love and trust, to live and move in me. Then, as beautiful, vibrant witness and channel of You to each person that I encounter, or for whom I intercede, my life will worship You.

Grant me faith, constancy, hope and love, even where I feel none. Make me an overflowing chalice of Your love, a living tabernacle of Your presence, a powerhouse of prayer, and an open doorway into God for others.

I may not hope in myself, Jesus, but I adore You and hope in You for my loved ones and for anyone You desire to draw into Your love through our lives.

Lord, please cheer Bookworm and bring back joy and hope into this person’s life.
Help Bookworm to live the wholesome, loving life that You intend, within gospel love and participation in the Sacraments.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.