Prayer Request

I am really hungry to receive the Eucharist but I cannot because this is my second marriage and I have not submitted my annulment papers yet.

I talked to my parish priest and there are very good grounds for there never having a marriage exist between my ex and myself. (extreme immaturity)--we were only married a year, and I prayed a LOT that it would work which it didn't.

I am happily married now to a non-Catholic who was married before to a woman who had been married twice before. Fr said that should be easy to rectify too being my husband's first wife was married before.

What is holding me back is that my ex will find out where I live and harass me (he called my work 7 years after we got divorced and my co-worker said he sounded very strange.) I am afraid of him.

Please pray that I get my courage up. I have an obligation, per Father, to find out where he is living now to the best of my ability and notify him of the nullification process. (Of course I don't know where he is now spiritually, but he had no use for the Church when we were together.)

I feel like I have screwed up my life. My husband and I have a beautiful 11 year old son and I don't want this man in our lives. I am afraid he will get information from the Tribunal about our current address.

I need courage, Lord...

Surely the Tribunal wouldn’t give your address, especially if you explained the situation.
Would you contact them to find out whether or not privacy laws prevent them sharing your address,
and also whether they would keep your personal details private in view of your anxiety.
I would imagine there are enough people with a similar anxiety that the Tribunal would have clear privacy guidelines.

God grant you peace.

[quote="doanli, post:1, topic:185772"]
I am really hungry to receive the Eucharist but I cannot because this is my second marriage and I have not submitted my annulment papers yet.

I talked to my parish priest and there are very good grounds for there never having a marriage exist between my ex and myself. (extreme immaturity)--we were only married a year, and I prayed a LOT that it would work which it didn't.

I am happily married now to a non-Catholic who was married before to a woman who had been married twice before. Fr said that should be easy to rectify too being my husband's first wife was married before.

What is holding me back is that my ex will find out where I live and harass me (he called my work 7 years after we got divorced and my co-worker said he sounded very strange.) I am afraid of him.

Please pray that I get my courage up. I have an obligation, per Father, to find out where he is living now to the best of my ability and notify him of the nullification process. (Of course I don't know where he is now spiritually, but he had no use for the Church when we were together.)

I feel like I have screwed up my life. My husband and I have a beautiful 11 year old son and I don't want this man in our lives. I am afraid he will get information from the Tribunal about our current address.

I need courage, Lord...

[/quote]

Doanli, don't go into this feeling you screwed up your life. It sounds as if you are blessed to have your husband now and a beautiful son. I pray the Church will take your concerns to heart and I pray for your courage and peace. Dear Lord, please protect your daughter and servant Doanli and show her Your infinite love while keeping her and her loving husband and son in Your care. I ask this in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus, thru Whom all things come. And grant her peace. Amen.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.