Prayer Request

I recently ran into an ex-girlfriend and we are trying to be friends (and only friends as she is seeing someone) but i am having a problem keeping my mind chaste and would appreciate prayers for that and for wisdom.

Lord, please instill in lewevanhoop many graces for chastity, and grant him custody of his eyes, that they may gaze with holiness always, and that he may recognize in others the beauty of creation. See that he is ever able to view a woman as Adam was able to view Eve prior to the Fall. Send angels to guard him from all temptation and to guide him through this often difficult and fallen world. Lead him to the everlasting fountain of relief. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and, saints, pray with us. Amen.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hi,
Apparently, you are not able to be a friend to her. When you were in a relationship, you were very close. Tell her the truth. " The truth shall set you free"Invite her to call you if things change in her new relationship.Once your mind has taken that turn, it will stay there until YOU ARE MARRIED TO HER and can fulfill all your dreams.
Psalm 54: I think line 4 The whole psalm is good. “CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART O’ LORD.”
PRAYER TO SAINT ANTHONY FOR PURITY

Glorious Saint Anthony, I salute you as a good servant of Christ and a special friend of God.
You once were favored to hold the Christ child in your arms as you cherished His word in your heart.Today I place all my cares, temptations and anxieties in your hands. I resolve ever to honor you by following your example.
Powerful Patron, Model of purity and Victor over fleshly impulses, please win for me and for all those devoted to you, perfect purity of mind body and heart. I promise by my example and counsel to help others grow in knowledge, love and service of God. in Jesus name. Amen

May God help you in the future, no matter what the circumstances to remain chaste in your relationships w young ladies. They are someone’s daughter, sister. When you are a father YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOUNG LADIES AS YOU HOLD YOUR SWEET BABY DAUGHTER IN YOUR HANDS. Just a humbling thought on how to teach purity in the future to the young ladies as you learn yourself.

in Jesus’ most precious name, Amen

My son had his first child (a little girl) recently and he is planning the slaughter of the innocence of boys 3yo and under. Joke. tweedlealice :slight_smile:

Praying for your intentions.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
Amen.

Dear Lord,
Please guide the heart and mind of lewevenhoop’s friend.
Thy will be done.
Amen.

AMEN

Praying for your intentions.

praying

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Praying…

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to his assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

**O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.**

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

:highprayer::highprayer::highprayer:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.