Prayer request

I was asked to say a prayer, so I am carrying it here.
Without going into too much detail, it involves a nasty custody battle in a friend’s fiance’s family. At the center of it is a nine year boy.
He doesn’t want to live with his mother, but his grandmother and grandfather. The mother is apparently a person of questionable morals and unstable personality.
I will be offering a prayer to St Catherine of Alexandria and to Thomas More. Please join me when you have a chance. The custody hearing is in the morning. (9/19/2006)

Thank you

Faustina

You’ve got it.:gopray:

I know how it can get in a custody battle, for as many who have read my thread know my sister is going through it and her two children are the ones suffering. I will keep this custody battle in prayers and hope and pray that the Lord will allow the 9 year old to live with the person who has his best interest in mind. It is very difficult though to take custody away from a mother. She would have to be really abusing the boy.
You have my prayers.

How did the custody hearing go? I hope all is fine. I am curious also for I have my brother-in-law who is fighting for his custody rights from his mother who is the guardian to his child and now wants to adopt. I know it is hard to take the rights of visitation away from a parent. At least, here in Florida it is.

I hope things worked out, but let us know what happened. Your situation continues to be in my prayers.

I know this is another prayer thread that is quite old.
God willing, this issue has been resolved to what is best for the child.

Heavenly Family,
Please pray for this world that all children are raised by parents in good faith so that they may grow and raise children in an even stronger faith.

Children do not deserve to be under the guidance of a parent or guardian who can not even care for themselves. Please see to it that God leads His children into optimal situations, free of evil, so they can grow up with positive influences.

Father, by Jesus’ Passion and Resurrection, and the Love of the Holy Spirit, do not let your children feel forsaken. Hear our prayers and the prayers of all of Heaven and exert Your mercy, please!

Thank you!

Amen, Amen!
+

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

praying that the best interest of the boy will be considered and that it has turned out well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.