Prayer requests for friends

Today I received a phone call from a friend, a non-Christian, who was high on acid. I didn’t “preach” to her, because I knew it wouldn’t make a difference, especially considering her state of mind, but she certainly knew I didn’t approve. Please pray for her; she’s looking for fulfillment in all the wrong ways.

I also have a friend, a Neophyte, in need of prayer. He has gone through several crises of faith, and is dealing with so much doubt right now. It breaks my heart to hear him say things like that he’s unsure whether he’ll remain with the Church down the road. It’s a daily battle for him, and he’s constantly torn back and forth. Although it’s certainly not the cure-all, I do believe that much of his problem lies in his ambiguous relationship with Our Lady. He’s been exposed to several people with almost heretical views on devotion to her, and I think it’s left him jaded.

Please pray for them.

Lord God, please cleanse the hearts of these two people and save them swiftly from their spiritual enemies. Please draw them away from sin and danger, through the power of your Holy Spirit, and bring them into perfect relationship and rest with you, in the bosom of Jesus.

Lord, please cleanse Benny’s first friend from drugs and other sins, and bring her swiftly out of spiritual danger. Please heal her, body and soul, with the blood that flows from your wounds on Calvary, and draw her to yourself and your kingdom.

Lord, please cleanse Benny’s second friend of the spiritual doubts that plague him. Free him from unbelief, fill him with faith and peace through your great power, and bring into him fullness of life and joy.

Dear Jesus, cover these two with your shed blood, cleansing them, and drawing them into new life through the power of your resurrection from the dead. Unite them with you in your death and resurrection, and let them be one with your ascension as they hurtle into new grace and vivid, real, true life.

Dear God, bless us all and hold us or draw us firmly close to you. Never let us go or leave us alone.

Bless us all.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Holy Virgin, pray for us. Please pray to Jesus, your Son, on behalf of these two friends, for their physical and spiritual healing and unity with our Lord and His Church.

Blessed be God, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Praise be to God forever, throughout His Church, in every soul and being. Praise be to our God who is mighty to save.

Amen.

***+JMJTJ+

Your friends will be in my prayers for their guidance and healing.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying for both of your friends…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.