Prayer requests for myself, forgiveness and an ex-girlfriend

I’d like to ask the members of this forum to pray for myself and an ex-girlfriend.

We knew each other for about 3.5 years. Out of that time, we dated for 3 years.

We broke up about a week before Christmas, after we had been fighting A LOT for a few months. Some of it my fault, some of it hers. However, we both said some awful, terrible things to each other and emotionally hurt each other deeply.

I am also ashamed that although we started the relationship as Catholics, eventually, we gave in to our temptations and began having sex regularly. We never stopped believing in God, but soon, mass attendance declined, and the only time we prayed was before meals.

After much reflection, I have started to return to the Church, the rosay and prayer. The first time I went into a church in over a year and began praying, I was almost on the verge of crying because I was so ashamed, but also grateful that I had been granted the opportunity to returning and a chance at forgiveness.

However, since the break up, my ex has started to drink constantly, smokes weed, and hangs out with the wrong crowd who also encourages such behaviour.

She has also started a sexual fling with someone else I’ve heard bad things about, and is interested in guys I know who encourage this behaviour. It also doesn’t help that her job can be extremely stressful.

According to some mutual friends, she has become increasingly negative, selfish and is constantly snapping at them and insensitive to their feelings. I feel like the person I fell for 3 years ago is gone.

Although our relationship is gone, I still care about her well being and wish her the best. I really fear that her destructive, anti-social behaviour and new crowd might lead her back to a dark place she previously was in her life before we dated and before she became religious: depressed, suicidal, anti-social, promiscuous.

Please, pray for myself and this person.

It breaks my heart to hear these stories about her, because I know the person she once was, and despite who she has recently become, I believe she can return to her old self.

Also* pray that she will accept my apologies *for the mean behaviour I showed her. When I tried to apologize for things I did, she reacted very negatively and angrily towards me.

*Pray that she realizes that I truly forgive her for the hurt she caused me and am sorry for the hurt I caused her.

Pray that she realizes that there are genuine, good people out there who care about her well being.*

Pray that she will find true happiness and return to God.

Pray that both of us will be able to control our emotions and tempers that distanced us from each other and from friends.

*Pray that we can forgive each other for the hurt we caused each other, and root out any negativity and anger that blocks God’s mercy from entering our hearts.
Pray that we will be given the light to see ourselves and each other as we really are, as who we can be, and who we once were.

Pray that during this time, God and his angels will protect us from evil, temptation, and the false pleasures of hedonism, that we can find true good in this life and open our hearts to others and to God’s love.

And finally, please *pray that one day, my ex-girlfriend and I will no longer have any negativity or anger towards the other person.

Pray that one day, we can be civil to each other without hurting each other, that we can one day be friendly and respectful to each other.

Please pray that a friendship or mutual respect between us can enter our lives and hearts one day, absent of negative or hurtful thoughts and comments.*

And please pray that God will enter our lives and show us true happiness, that our sins will be forgiven, and that we can forgive each other.

I pray that you and your ex-girlfriend will find true peace through the Sacrament of Confession.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

I praise and thank You Lord for bringing this person to repentance and to the Sacraments.
Please aid his continuing healing and spiritual development with many wonderful graces.
Please have mercy on his former girlfriend and lead her to healing and forgiveness, and to the Sacraments.
Please grant the prayers that he offers for his former girlfriend.
Mother Mary please pray for them both.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Privately praying for you…

May our Lord hear and answer your prayers. May your faith, hope and charity grow stronger every day, and may you persevere in faith and in good works. May your girlfriend forgive you and call out to the Lord for help, and break free from her bad life, bad habits and bad friends. May she receive healing and peace, strength and courage … and be abandoned to divine providence and surrendered to God’s will. Amen.

Thank you for your prayers, everyone. Yesterday was the first time in over a year I went to confession and I just wept as I said my penance. God is hearing our prayers. Keep praying for us, as well as all struggling friendships, relationships and marriages. I promise to keep you all in my prayers. God bless you all.

I too am going through the same problem. My ex girlfriend left so that she can have a closer relationship with God. It left me devastated. Despite the fact we have been together for 4 months.

At first I prayed to God to send me someone in my life and I believe God gave me her to answer my prayers. We had lots of fun being together and enjoying each other’s company. Although I did slightly strayed away from God in that relationship. I just hope that God would give me a second chance with her. I still believe to this day that she is the one. I just hope and pray that she would be guided well. I prayed to Jesus that he would heal the broken relationship we had and trusting Him to take control of my life. I too am also praying that she returns to me again and God would reopen the doors.

I’ll pray for you to brother.

I’m praying …

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.