Prayer requests I've (amongst others) received as one who goes to an FSSP Latin Mass


-----Inline Attachment Follows-----


Dear Fellow Parishioner:

Father asks us, in our mercy, to please pray for the unborn twins of Mr. & Mrs. Ryan & Gina Iker (see email below), friends of Fr. Jared McCambridge, F.S.S.P. Also, please pray for Fr. McCambridge’s mother, who was diagnosed with esophaial cancer last week. Oremus.
…also, there’s a Fr. Orlowski FSSP, who had a bad auto accident and who’s in critical condition…

Please do pass the prayer request along! I just spoke with Ryan Iker; he and his wife Gina are very happy to think that many more will pray for their unborn sons. Ryan told me of an additional glimmer of hope – an ultrasound this morning showed a small volume of amniotic fluid remaining for the child in the ruptured sac. Thanks for your generosity! Since I’m in begging mode, would you remember my Mom as well? She’ll begin treatment soon for an esophagial cancer which was discovered a week ago. God bless you and those beloved to you!..
Subject: Status

Subject: Status of Gina Iker and Twins
Greetings Friends and Family,�I just wanted to let you know the status of Gina and the twins.�If you haven’t already heard, Gina, who is 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys, had her water break two nights ago. She, at first,�went to�a hospital that was not equipped to handle perinatal high risk care. She was then transferred to St Joseph’s Hospital, which has one of the best perinatal high risk units in Phoenix. After reviewing the ultrasound, the doctors determined that one of the sacs was ruptured. Baby B, which is behind the presenting baby, has a severe decrease in amniotic fluid. In fact, at today’s ultrasound we could see that there was no fluid in the sac. Baby B did have fluid in his stomach, kidneys, and bladder, which means he’s ingesting fluid from somewhere. The problem is that the fluid he urinates is leaving the sac through the tear, or so it appears, and he is not able to ingest any of that fluid.�It’s likely that there may be a small amount of fluid in the sac that was not picked up by the ultrasound. The sac seems to be closing in on him and will, eventually, limit his movement, which will then restrict his lungs from reaching their full capacity. We’ve been told the boys are not viable, at this time, outside the womb. So we would hope Baby B could hold on for, at least, 4 more weeks. At that point, they will be given steroids to help the development of their lungs.�Ideally, it would be wonderful if the sac could somehow close again, like a scab over a cut. But, honestly, it would take a miracle for that to happen. This, we all know, is well within the power of God. There’s another problem, though. The doctors think that an infection could be the cause of the ruptured sac. If this is so, then Gina would show signs of the infection, i.e. fever, cramping, soreness. She has, so far, none of these symptoms.�Scenarios: If Baby B has an infection, then he will have to be delivered. Sadly, that would mean Baby A, who is in a healthy environment with plenty of fluid,�but also�blocking the exit, would have to be delivered, too. They would both be unable to survive. If Baby B has an infection and is not removed through delivery, Gina would become septic and the lives of the boys and mother would be in jeopardy. Another scenario would be Baby B does not survive and has no infection. In that case, he would remain where he�is and be delivered after Baby A has fully developed. But we do not want to leave a boy behind. We want each baby to make it to a point where both of them can be delivered and be viable. At minimum, that would be the 24 week mark…4 more weeks. Right now, both boys are alive and are not showing signs of distress.

Sorry to the moderator if it’s too long. It’s not the whole explanation either, but someone felt it was worth explaining.



Be assured that I will be praying for Fr. Orlowski’s recovery from his accident

for Ryan and Gina and their at-risk unborn twins

and for Fr. McCambridge’s mother that her treatment for esophaial cancer will be successful

I will remember them in my prayers and daily Masses.

May God bless them and you


I too will remember all of your prayer requests in my daily praying of the Rosary!

God bless all!!!


Praying very hard for your intentions!


Following is a recent update on Fr. Orowloski from his sister Joanne that I received recently.

Thank you all for your prayers! Fr. Orlowski is certainly blessed to have so many people praying for him, as are we!

I finally talked to him this afternoon and he sounded weak but in good spirits. He is in a wheelchair, his chest tube is gone, and he is free to leave the hospital as soon as he has knows where he will convalesce. God is merciful!

In Jesus and Mary,


Also, here is an update from Ryan Iker, concerning his unborn twins:

Greetings Friends and Family,

First off, I want to say thanks for all your prayers!

We’ve had so much support from people all over the country. I sent an email out to friends and family and that email was then forwarded on to their friends and family. My phone number was on the email and I’ve received a dozen calls or so from strangers across the country saying they were praying for us. I even received an email from Archbishop Chaput!

For those who have not heard, Gina was discharged by her doctor on Saturday to remain on bedrest. The other group of perinatalogists (the ones we don’t trust) tried to have her discharged earlier, without consulting her physician first. She’s been resting since she’s been home and taking oral antibiotics.

We went to see Dr. Chavira yesterday and could see both babies were alive with solid heartbeats. Baby B had only 1.4 cm of fluid in his sac, while Baby A had around 6 cm. Next week she will go back for a more in-depth ultrasound with measurements and so forth. Gina will, then, be readmitted to St Joseph’s the first week of January so the babies can receive steroids to increase growth in their lungs. She’ll remain there until the babies are delivered. I’ve been told that this time will be very trying on our family. With two little ones at home I will definitely have my hands full! I’m still trying to figure out how I’ll be able to visit her during her stay. It’s all really overwhelming right now, as you can imagine! Having had the last two weeks of December off from work, has helped quite a bit.

It’s all a very humbling experience and has increased our trust and dependence on God. One lady from San Diego sent us a relic of St Gerard Majella, after hearing from a priest friend in New Jersey. We’ve been praying for St Gerard’s intercession from day one and hope that he will obtain the miracle we ask for. But, again, we are willing to accept whatever God has planned for our babies. We completely submit to His Will.

Thanks again for your prayers. We’ll continue to keep you in ours. Fortunately, Gina has been able to receive the Blessed Sacrament every day, since she’s been home. I also want to thank your for remembering Gina and the babies in your intentions at Mass.

God bless you this Christmas. I hope the Infant Child brings much peace and happiness to you and your family.


Please feel free to contact me (that must be Ryan–ed.) at any time…480-221-8077.


Praying for all of your requests.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit