Prayer Requests

Dear friends,

Friday, I asked you to pray for my cousin’s visit with her dad/my Uncle Adam. She emailed me on Sunday after she returned to her home. She gave me a little info about the visit and I’m guessing it went OK. Unfortunately, my mom and I didn’t see her or talk to her while she was here. My mother just didn’t feel like talking to her or any other family members. I’m sure you remember everything I wrote Friday.

I replied to my cousin. I politely explained that we missed her calls and her visit because we thought she’d call sooner than she did. I wrote that after waiting a while for her call, we thought she might have canceled her visit or something. That was all true, but I didn’t let her know that my mom didn’t feel up to talking or visiting because she was so upset. We haven’t seen my cousin in 30 years and I’m sure she’s unaware of most of the family dysfunction and drama.

I think she was a bit inconsiderate of our time and feelings but I didn’t tell her that. As I just mentioned, I just let her know that we missed her because we didn’t hear from her as soon as we would have liked and that we went about our business. I also apologized for not suggesting to her that she call us as soon as she checked into her hotel. I wrote that I should have suggested that she do that in one of my previous emails. If I’d been thinking ahead, I would have done that. So, I took some of the blame/responsibility. I pray that I was wise and fair in my email to her. Please pray for that too.

In addition, I explained that my mom had decided to step back from my Uncle Adam’s medical situation because all the stress was wearing on my mom physically and emotionally. Pray that my cousin understands what I mean.

I tried to present the truth to my cousin in love. Please pray she receives it that way and that she learns and grows from it.

Also, please pray that at least my relationships with my sister and my cousins improve. If our parents, aunts and uncles can’t learn to get along as they age, pray that at least the rest of us behave like a loving family.

Some of us are carrying our own wounds that we’ve received from previous generations of our family. One of my cousins committed suicide years ago.

In conclusion, please pray for healing for all including generational healing. Sometimes I worry about possible generational curses and evil spirits that might be attached to our family tree. Please pray that everyone will leave my mom alone for a while so she can regain some strength and energy which all this has taken from her. Pray for her spiritual, emotional, physical and mental healing. Pray also that she’ll continue to reach out to the family when she and God are ready to do that.

Thank you and God bless you all,

Victor

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

God bless you for your kind handling of the situation in your email, Victor.

Thank you for sharing so much that is painful in your family. It’s good that you feel able to share with us. I will be praying for you mother and you and for your family, an as I’ve some hors of Adoration planned for Friday, I’ll speak very seriously with the Lord about what you’ve shared, and about the healing that is needed, when I’m with Him.

Blessing and forgiveness

I forgive you, anyone who ever hurts or judges me. Will you forgive me? Will you forgive my faults that annoy you? Will you forgive what I am or what you judge me to be? Will you forgive my kindly meant mistakes?

Whether or not you have sinned against me by malice of by mistake, I ask God’s help to forgive you, as Jesus demands in order that I too may be forgiven my sins, I must forgive, even if I must wisely avoid you.

In spirit, I kneel to ask forgiveness for good intentions gone awry. Perhaps you will not forgive or perhaps you will never inform me if you do forgive, yet I mean only kindness to others and to you. If I lose your friendship, I still love and pray for you and those with you.

Some day, through God’s mercy I will enter heaven and will never again make mistakes that cause others hurt, nor will others again wound me. I take comfort that those who cannot forgive or understand my motives must do so then. Until then your judgements of me — as the person, you deem me or the wrong you believe of me—remain until God who loves us can speak some kindness and perhaps even some truth in your heart for me.

“I bless you. I bless your thoughts and feelings. I bless your family, I bless your ventures, and I bless your life.” The power of those words is God’s not mine. I only bless you in God’s name, for He loves you profoundly.

I forgive you, where there are things to forgive even if you never acknowledge them and or do not value me even enough to see them. I place you in God’s care and ask His threefold blessing for you. 1999-05

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Lord, please bless and heal this family. In the name of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen

Praying!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Christ, it is so difficult for us when our family is in dischord. Please heal the strained ties of this family, and guide the words and communicative abilities of all those involved, that Your Perfect Communication will be bestowed upon them. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Immaculate Queen of Peace, please pray for victor and his family. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Victor, I assure you of my prayers for you and your family. Every day when I pray my rosary and attend my adoration, I will offer you all up to Jesus in prayer with hopes that your situation improves. I will pray for strength and peace for your mother and that you and your cousins find peace and love with each other. I will pray also that your parents and aunts and uncles can come to grow closer to knowing the Lord and forgiving and loving each other better. God is in control. Cast your cares upon Him and your burdens will be lessened. Trust in Him. I pray that any generational curses be obliterated in the Name of Jesus Christ. Why don’t you ask a priest to pray a formal generational prayer with the authority of the priesthood behind him? Peace!

God let Your light of love mend the broken hearts, minds, souls and bodies of this family. We pray for peace, love understanding, compassion and hope for a better outcome for all of the issues this family is going through. Pour forth Your love as a refreshment for the souls in this family. That they grow in strength and love of one another,Amen

Mary1173:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.