Prayer Retreat Masters Needed - Conference

Friends - I have a long term goal of getting a prayer conference launched in Colorado. I am looking for retreat masters/speakers/workshop leaders who might not be the top tier folks ($$$) but who have impacted you in a very profound way. They may be someone who doesn’t like to promote themselves but are very deep in their prayer lives and understand meditation, contemplation, (absolutely no CP), and can help others do the same. I prefer the carmelite tradition but am open to any others. The conference would probably include folks from a number of different orders, Capuchin, Carmelite, Legion, etc.

Any recommendations?

Having attended many a Carmelite retreat with a number of these priests, the Discalced Carmelite Friars of the Western Province would be a good source for retreat masters and speakers:

ocdwest.org/

One of the best I have heard is Richard (Rich) May. He is an expert in Mariology — great devotion to our Blessed Mother, a wonderful speaker who combines knowledge and prayerfulness. A lay person, his “day job” is as an aerospace engineer in Houston.

I don’t have contact info, but if you want to pursue this and can’t locate him I can probably ask someone who knows.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.