Prayer that this retreat is beneficial and I discern God's will

This Wednesday, I am attending a retreat of the Confraternity of Penitents. It lasts from Wednesday to Sunday.

I am very excited, but a little nervous. I do believe it is God’s will, as I’ve felt a very strong urge to attend and everything is falling into place quite nicely.

Firstly, I’m blind and it’s a little scary going out to somewhere like this on my own, though I know I can do it. Thank goodness traveling arrangements have mostly been decided now; one of those attending the retreat is meeting me and giving me a ride. I am very grateful for that, and that relieves me a bit.

I feel like this has the potential to be very great for me, being very refreshing and helping me to grow spiritually.

I’m also entering formation in the Confraternity of Penitents, so hopefully I can see what they are really like while I’m there. I’ve been interested since last December.

I feel a lot of things shifting in my life, though I don’t know necessarily where I’m being led. But I do feel that this is a key part of that.

My fear with this is that I will think too much of myself and not focus enough on God during this retreat. I am usually very selfish, preferring my own comfort, something I am trying to overcome. Satan’s already used that once against me to temporarily draw me away from the Church. Fortunately I’m coming back, but I know it’ll get tougher the more serious I get about it.

So I would really appreciate if you would pray that I have a safe trip, and that this retreat is beneficial for me, helping me to grow closer to God and giving me a little more guidance. Further that God’s will is manifest in my life.

Thank you very much. I am very grateful. :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord, I pray that you send the Holy Spirit to Brandon while he is on his retreat and unleash all the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit within him. May he find direction and guidance and know your will for him, and may he reap abundant graces those days on retreat to help him know whether he should join the Confraternity Penitentents or not. Bless him and make him a saint, if he isn’t one already. Amen.

I’m so excited for you. I went on retreat last year to Alabama, to Mother Angelica’s, and it was fantastic. I went to renew and strengthen my relationship with God and it was one of the best time’s I’ve had in a long time.

I know you’re nervous, but you’re obeying God’s will for your life just by going where He’s telling you to go right now. That’s a blessing for you. God will take care of you while you’re there. He knows you have doubts and fears, but He’ll take care of them while you’re there.

Just remember that Jesus’ mission was about God’s mercy. You won’t do everything perfectly, but call on God’s mercy and He will bless you.

I’ll say a prayer for you. This week will be awesome for you.

Scout :tiphat:

Scout, thank you for the encouragement. I am nervous, but so incredibly excited. I know that I really need this right now. I feel many things starting to change, and I think this will be key in all of that, or at least push me in the right direction.

Ready, your prayer really touched me. Thank you.

handyman jim, thanks also to you. I am very grateful.

I will put you in my prayers. God Bless.

Bible verses from the Liturgy of the Hours for Wednesday, July 8:

Rejoice in God, all the earth: serve the Lord with gladness.

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Deuteronomy 1:16-17 ©
At that time I told your judges: You must give your brothers a fair hearing and see justice done between a man and his brother or the stranger who lives with him. You must be impartial in judgement and give an equal hearing to small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for the judgement is God’s.

Noon reading (Sext) Isaiah 55:8-9 ©
My thoughts are not your thoughts,
my ways not your ways – it is the Lord who speaks.
Yes, the heavens are as high above earth
as my ways are above your ways,
my thoughts above your thoughts.

Afternoon reading (None) 1 Samuel 16:7 ©
God does not see as man sees; man looks at appearances but the Lord looks at the heart.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen. :crossrc:

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. :crossrc:

God bless you in your sincere intentions. Holy Spirit please make this a time of deep insight and spiritual growth for this seeker of God, leading to ongoing conversion.

Praying that you enjoy the retreat and that it keeps you close to the heart of Jesus…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

You’re welcome, seeker of God!:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.