Prayer to endure church politics

I am the Pro-Life Chairperson at my parish. I love everything about this position except for the politics involved. After our meeting on Monday, I felt like giving up. Please pray that I get over my “human” problems and realize that it’s a worth while task despite the problems.

Thanks all!

Today is the Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us bring our prayers before God, the Father of of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who was miraculously transfigured on the mountain before his disciples’ eyes:

• Lord, give us light that we may see.

Most merciful Father, you transfigured your beloved Son and you yourself appeared in a cloud of dazzling radiance:
make us listen faithfully to the teaching of Christ.
O God, you have overwhelmed your elect with your abundant gifts and you have given them to drink from the rushing torrent of your delights:
grant that we may find in Christ’s body the spring from which all life flows.
O God, you have made light shine out from the shadows and you have illuminated our hearts and made them ready to perceive your brightness in the face of Jesus Christ:
increase our desire to contemplate your beloved Son.
O God, you have shown us your grace by the light you shone on our saviour Jesus Christ, and thus you call us to a vocation of holiness:
through the Gospel may the light of incorruptible life shine among men.
Most loving Father, by your gift we are sons of God not in name alone but in reality:
grant that when Christ comes we may become like him.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

O God, at your only-begotten Son’s glorious transfiguration you confirmed the mysteries of faith by the witness of the prophets of old, and you miraculously prefigured what would happen when your adopted children were brought to perfection.
Grant to us, your servants
that we may hear the voice of your beloved Son
and so desire to become co-heirs with him.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen

Nicolap,
I will pary for you…
What kind of problems are you experiencing? I hope your pastor is giving you support. Take care!

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for you and your parish.

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art Thou among woman
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at
the hour of our death
Amen

Father in Heaven, please send Your Holy Spirit to all who stand in the way of the life of Your little ones. Please powerfully assist Nicole and all who work for their protection. I make this prayer in the name of Your beloved Sone Jesus.

[FONT=Georgia]Nicolep:

Sounds like a “40 Day Problem” - One that will only yield to intense and prolonged Prayer and possibly even Fasting.

Do you have any “Prayer Partners” at you parish?

Even if you don’t, come join us over at this new thread:

Please join me in 40-Days of Prayer for our Parishes
[size=2]http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=259033

I’ve found that often Church Politics can be as aggravating as they are because we keep trying to apply human and physical solutions to spiritual problems which require Godly solutions. And, Nothing is more disillusioning than to watch people we know should know better treat others as shabbily as they do in these situations.

I’ve gone through it, and all I can say is that the situation must come straight from hell and the scene must be orchestrated by Satan himself. Satan usually doesn’t go for the “Fireworks”. Nitpicking works usually works even better in stampeding some frustrated and disorientated deer over a cliff.

40 Days of prayer will help you to discern if the issue is a personality conflict and if it can be solved. It will also help you to discern if the cause is spiritual and to deal with that our help.

You most certainly have my sympathies and my prayers. I’ve seen some of the worst of Church Politics up close and personal and had some of the nastiness turned against me. I know how lonely and aggravating it can get.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael[/size][/FONT]

Thank you all! I love the power of prayer…I already feel better.

Michael - You said it!

As far as the issues, it’s just what happens when you throw a lot of strong, opinionated people together in a room. Now that our pastor is back from vacation, I hope to have a meeting and clear up some of the issues.

Thanks again, you all are the best.

Prayers promised

Nicole, I am praying for you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.