Prayer to get over my Divorce and Depression

I posted previously about my 9 year marriage ending when my husband left me for another woman. I am having the worst time getting over my depression. I am in counseling and on meds, but I am so scared to be alone. I am jealous of the new woman and sad at how happy he is and talks to me as if I was only a friend all these years. It hurts so much. Will you please pray that my heart heals so that I don’t feel depressed anymore and not hold any grudges for my husband leaving. I will be going to court on 11/3/09, and need strength to take care of my kids and not fall apart. Thank You

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

You and your children are in my prayers.

Good luck to you. I recently went through a divorce after 18 years of marriage… I know from experience how hard it is. Find your strength in God. Trust him with your fears and your grudges for your ex. God can heal.

I feel for you for I’ve been there myself. I will pray for strength, guidance, and peace.:hug1:

Our Father who art in Heaven; hollowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

First…my heartfelt sorrow and compassion for what you are going through. You are in my prayers now and at Holy Sacrifice of the Mass this evening. Second…I recommend that you look to a real man on how to handle this…a Man’s Man…Saint Paul of the Cross…he can really help you…trust me on this one. Please read and meditate on his letter below. I pray and hope that what is below will strengthen and encourage you…you are closer right now to Our Lord Jesus Christ than either me…or anyone else reading your post. Don’t let this Cross pass without embracing Our Lord with all your intellect (Will) and with all your heart (Love). Only He can heal and lift you up…through his Divine Holy Spirit.

Pax Christi

Here is a true spiritual guide for your suffering…your trials and tribulations…Saint Paul of the Cross (feast was 19Oct…celebrated this year on 20Oct). This is his letter used in the* Liturgy of the Hours*

We preach Christ crucified
[LEFT] It is very good and holy to consider the passion of our Lord and to meditate on it, for by this sacred path we reach union with God. In this most holy school we learn true wisdom, for it was there that all the saints learned it. Indeed when the cross of our dear Jesus has planted its roots more deeply in your hearts, then will you rejoice: “To suffer and not to die,” or, “Either to suffer or to die,” or better: "Neither to suffer, nor to die, but only to turn perfectly to the will of God."
Love is a unifying virtue which takes upon itself the torments of its beloved Lord. It is a fire reaching through to the inmost soul. It transforms the lover into the one loved. More deeply, love intermingles with grief, and grief with love, and a certain blending of love and grief occurs. They become so united that we can no longer distinguish love from grief nor grief from love. Thus the loving heart rejoices in its sorrow and exults in its grieving love.
Therefore, be constant in practicing every virtue, and especially in imitating the patience of our dear Jesus, for this is the summit of pure love. Live in such a way that all may know that you bear outwardly as well as inwardly the image of Christ crucified, the model of all gentleness and mercy. For if a man is united inwardly with the Son of the living God, he also bears his likeness outwardly by his continual practice of heroic goodness, and especially through a patience reinforced by courage, which does not complain either secretly or in public. Conceal yourselves in Jesus crucified and hope for nothing except that all men be thoroughly converted to his will.
When you become true lovers of the Crucified, you will alwayshttp://www.catholicradiodramas.com/SaintsPicturesJthruz/Passionist-Logo.jpg celebrate the feast of the cross in the inner temple of the soul, bearing all in silence and not relying on any creature. Since festivals ought to be celebrated joyfully, those who love the Crucified should honor the feast of the cross by enduring in silence with a serene and joyful countenance, so that their suffering remains hidden from men and is observed by God alone. For in this feast there is always a solemn banquet, and the food presented is the will of God, exemplified by the love of our crucified Christ.
Source: The Liturgy of the Hours - Office of Readings[/LEFT]

saintpaulofthecross.com/ (a special site for St. Paul of the Cross)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_of_the_Cross (Wikipedia site…good but not spiritual)

Paul of the Cross** (3 January 1694 – 18 October 1775) was an Italian mystic, and founder of the Passionists.

Saint Paul of the Cross* upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Paulocroce.png/300px-Paulocroce.png

“The service of God does not require good words and good desires, but efficient workmanship, fervor and courage” - St. Paul of the Cross Confessor Born 3 January 1694(1694-01-03), Ovada, Piedmont, Duchy of Savoy (now modern-day Italy) Died 18 October 1775 (aged 81), Church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo, Rome Venerated in Roman Catholic Church Beatified 1 May 1853, Rome by Pope Pius IX Canonized 29 June 1867, Rome by Pope Pius IX Major shrine Church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo, Rome Feast 20 October; 28 April (Roman Catholic calendar, 1869-1969)

Lord, I pray for jrichard. Please help her and heal her broken heart. May she embrace her cross and carry it perfectly as a sign of hope for others who are suffering their own problems. She is hurting very bad because she loved her husband and now he treats her like they were just friends. Be her first Love, her Spouse and King. Be her Everything so her husband and nobody else can take away the joy she experiences just being one with such a noble and perfect Lover. It must be painful to be separated from the man you knew and loved for nine years. I can’t begin to fathom how depressing this would be without you; but jrichard has you and has always had you. Fill jrichard with more of your Holy Spirit and grant her the graces she needs to experience joy again. May she find in you during her time of prayer and in the Eucharist the strength and hope she needs to be able to get through her pain. May she spend an hour with you in front of the Blessed Sacrament as frequently as possible for the comfort and healing that she needs. May she take her situation to a holy priest and let him help direct her soul to more cheerful days. Maybe she just has to go through a dark time right now. It is only natural that she is so depressed. She was married and now it is over. But her relationship with you isn’t. Please help her to make her relationship with you the most important in her life and a means of healing the painful relationship she has with the man who was once in her life. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Please take some comfort in the fact that you are being prayed for. Dear one, Jesus loves you with a perfect love, just as you are, and will never abandon you. Cling to Him. Sit at His feet. Let His loving gaze penetrated deeply into your heart, your soul, your entire being. You are a tremendously valuable and dignified woman. You are loved perfectly by God, and ALL OF HEAVEN, so many many saints are there for you night and day. They never sleep and their love never fails for you. Rest in them. Rely on them now. Call on them and they will be channels of grace for you and your children.

St. Joseph, beloved spouse and guardian of the Blessed Virgin, take care of this dear woman, in honor of how you took care of Mary. Protect her and her children as you on earth protected Mary and the Christ child. Amen.

Your feelings are natural, and I ask Jesus to work through them with you, one by one, whenever you are faced with them.
:grouphug:

Hail Mary, full of Grace.
THe Lord is with you. Blessed are thou among women, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear j,
I know suffering when I hear it and my heart goes out to you. Please know that what you are feeling now is only temporary and will pass. I applaud your reaching out to others by sharing your story and asking for prayer.
While I will certainly be praying for you, I want to ask you to do the two things that St. Padre Pio said that we should do when we are suffering: 1) Pray, pray, pray. 2) Ask God for consolation. One day I promise you that you will look back and the pain will be gone and God will have given you something beautiful. Just you wait and see! Meanwhile remember 1Timothy 1:1 “Jesus is our hope.”

With God’s love and mine. :signofcross:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I know I will make it with God’s help. Feeling better and with more hope. On the way home from work, I had to stop and think that I can’t feel sorry for myself anymore. It’s time to move on and just trust God entirely with my life.

Thank you, God! Remember J, there will be good days and bad days but eventually the good will outnumber the bad until they are all good again! Keep praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.