Prayer to St. Jude

Just wanted to make sure I share a little prayer with everyone that found its way into my heart.

A Prayer to St. Jude

Oh glorious apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,
the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies
has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally
As the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee,
of that particular privilege accorded thee of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.
Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities,
tribulations and sufferings, particularly (mention your request), and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect
throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never
cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee.

Amen

I have to give honor to St Jude by attesting that this prayer once helped my family to get through a difficult time. He was one of the intercessors we’ve prayed to at that time. It was really a huge problem and it almost made us anxious every single day. We’ve noticed that supernatural help came in a way almost seemed to be far from being a coincidence. (ex. When we were JUST ABOUT to make what would’ve been a terrible decision, someone called RIGHT BEFORE this to dissuade us. We took a different option, which turned out to be the best choice and the ordeal ended not being serious after all.

Thank you, St Jude! :slight_smile:

St Jude was my mother’s favorite Saint, so he holds a very special place in my heart. She prayed to him when she and my father were first married and they couldn’t conceive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.