Prayer to stay at home

Please ask God to grant my DH the grace to share my desire to allow me to quit my job and stay at home with my children. We talked about it again last night and he is still adament that we could not live the kind of life he wants to live on his income alone. God has already provided for us beyond all imagination for the 2 children he’s blessed us with. I desire to have more children as well. I know that it would be a huge sacrifice initially, but I know we could adjust.

I am heartsick, but we have at least 18 months before it would really be time to look at this as an option. At that time we plan to have our car paid off and the only debt we’d have at that time is the mortgage. Also, our oldest will be starting preschool. I would gladly accept another child between now and then, at that point there would be no question about my staying home b/c of the cost of daycare.

Dear God, help me to know what your will is for me in my vocation as a wife and mother. Help me if I must continue to work to accept my cross and not let resentment take over my life as I feel it is right now. Help DH and I not to be pitted against one another as to whose ‘dream’ wins out over the other in terms of planning our family, but help us to work together for us both to accomplish our dreams. I know Dear God that I cannot even begin to suggest the right way or the right timing to accomplish any of this, but that your Divine Plan is beyond imagination. I pray Dear Jesus that you would allow me the opportunity to work for the local school system so at the very least I may be off with my children during school breaks and summertime. Help DH in discerning his career as well. Above all, help us to form a prayer life together as a couple to seek to know your will in our lives Lord.

In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen

Praying for this intention of JLCecilia

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Your intentions will be very much in my prayers. I was able to be home with my boys. They thanked me for that.
I ask God please to enlighten your husband and you clearly as to His wishes for you both reading children, work, and relationship, and to His perspectives for your lives.
I ask Him to surround and guide all the members of your family with His love and light.

Prayed to: God, the BVM, & St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton for you.

Praying!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Dear Lord, please soften the heart of this woman’s husband. May he be sensitive to the needs of his wife and may they grow closer as a couple to glorify you in everthing, like having more children. Take this woman’s bitterness she says she feels and free her from its grip on her. Let her find a good priest to talk to if she can not seem to shake this bitterness. Let her communicate again to her husband her needs as best and as gentle as she can and may you intervene and let her husband hear her prayer to have another child and let her stay home. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying.

A lovly prayer, Ready.
Amen

Thank you, Trishie.:slight_smile:

…How is this progressing?..

Dear Lord, please bless and comfort this family. In the name of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Funny you should ask. I have another thread I started about a week ago. Baby #3 on the way, but no plans for me to stay at home. No chance even. Still praying for a job working for the school system or at the very least, being able to cut back to part-time when DS#1 starts school full time in 2 yrs.

I really like the job I’m at right now, but it wouldn’t allow me the freedom to be at home during ALL school breaks, much less the summertime. I feel very strongly about not having my child(ren) riding the bus and being able to pick them up myself and not having them in an ‘after-school’ program, but being at home with them myself.

Still have a lot of things to consider.

I have quit praying for this intention some time ago, but God laid it back on my heart last week. DH won’t even sit down and look at our budget as it is now, let alone to set goals for the future, much less to work towards what it would take for me to be able to stay at home.

Just having stronger and stronger feelings about all of this and just wanting to make a pre-emptive strike against all of the running around I will be doing BY MYSELF when school starts next year.

I really want to be the primary influence in my children’s lives and be able to just be available to them much more than I am now. Really hoping that God will soften DH’s heart towards coming around and being more helpful and reliable and involved when it comes to work and home and the kids.

Please God, I don’t know if this is your will. I can’t stand to ask You to change the desires of my heart, this one is just so strong. Please God, please make this happen for us soon!

Praying for JLCecilia and family
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Sister Ceclia,

Your post could be my post. The only difference is, I never quit. I always contorted myself to work nights or weekends, ruining my health in the process. I am now resentful, and I regret being that way.

My only suggestion to you is to find an alternative income you can make from home. A babysitting job, for instance. An informal preschool. Many moms would love to drop kids off of an afternoon for a paid play date.

You could try to start a home-based business.

My motto is: where there’s a will there’s a way.

I feel your pain. I am sure that if you took that leap of faith, God would prosper you and you would at least squeak by. It is the fear factor that keeps you going on. Check out Dave Ramsey.

daveramsey.com/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.