Prayer to the Holy Trinity

O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me forget myself entirely so to establish myself in you, unmovable and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to trouble my peace or make me leave you, O my unchanging God, but may each minute bring me more deeply into your mystery! Grant my soul peace. Make it your heaven, your beloved dwelling and the place of your rest. May I never abandon you there, but may I be there, whole and entire, completely vigilant in my faith, entirely adoring, and wholly given over to your creative action. – Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

This is such a beautiful prayer! May today’s Feast of the Holy Trinity bring us all closer to God, to Him Who is Love: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. May we, by His Grace, become as Mary and the saints, souls at peace in which He finds His rest.

Beautiful indeed!

Thank you for sharing this very beautiful prayer! :slight_smile:

Wonderful prayer! Thanks for posting this today. :thumbsup:

:amen:

Dear RPRPsych, Richard White and LaetenturCaeli,

Thank you all for your replies, and for your appreciation of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity’s beautiful prayer on this Trinity Sunday.

If you or others would like to read more about this Carmelite Sister see HERE

Dear Mary thanks for your amen! :slight_smile: More on Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity HERE

Praying with all.

Thanks, tawny, for honoring the Holy Trinity by praying this prayer with us.

Thank you Maria Christi, if it’s okay with you I’d like to save that prayer to my laptop! I love the piece that says : O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me forget myself entirely so to establish myself in you, unmovable and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to trouble my peace or make me leave you…

That so speaks to my heart - that is what I am praying for at adoration - just to settle into the Trinity in a way I don’t have to be anxious about anything or anyone and be peaceful!

Thank you and God Bless you.

Dear LJL5,

Thanks for your reply! Sounds like a great idea to me! This prayer of Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity is in paragraph 260 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I copied it from the copy of the Catechsm which I have bookmarked: see HERE

The Catechism of the Catholic Church quotes Scripture more than any other source but it also includes some writings of the Saints, like this one, and other valuable sources. I’ve often used the Catechism section on Prayer (Part 4 - the final section) for meditation.

For my own computer I open it to the image of Mary as I see her as the perfect Mother and Model for the entire Church, and especially for my own reltionship with the Trinity. See HERE

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.