Prayer to the most holy Mary to obtain her patronage

by ST. ALPHONSUS LIGUORI

OH my most holy mother, I know what graces
thou hast obtained for me , and I see the
ingratitude of which I have been guilty towards
thee. The ungrateful are no longer worthy of favors; but I will not on this account distrust thy mercy, which is greater than my ingratitude. Oh my great advocate, have pity on me. Thou art the dispenser of all the graces which God grants to us miserable sinners, and for this end he has
made thee so powerful, so rich, and so merciful,
that thou mightest succor us in our miseries. Ah
mother of mercy, do not leave me in my poverty.
Thou art the advocate of the most wretched
and abandoned sinners who have recourse to thee, defend me also, who recommend myself to thee. Do not tell me that it is difficult to gain my cause, for the most desperate causes are all gained when they are defended by thee. In thy hands, then, I place my eternal salvation, and to thee I commit my soul. It was lost; thou, by thy intercession, must save it. I wish to be enrolled among thy most devoted servants; do not cast me out. thou dost go in search of the wretched to relieve them; do not abandon a miserable sinner who has recourse to thee. Speak for me; thy Son does whatever thou dost ask of him. Take me under thy protection, and this will be enough: yes, for if thou dost protect me I fear nothing: nothing from my sins, for thou wilt obtain for me the remedy for the injury I have inflicted upon myself; nor from the demons, for thou art more powerful than all hell united; nor from Jesus my Judge himself; for by one prayer of thine he is appeased. I only fear that through my negligence I may cease to invoke thee, and shall thus be lost.
My mother, obtain for me the pardon of all my
sins, love to Jesus, holy perseverance, a good
death, and finally, paradise; especially obtain
for me the grace always to recommend myself to thee. It is true that these graces are too much
for me who do not merit them, but they are not too much for thee who art so much beloved by God that he grants thee whatever thou dost ask of Him. It is enough that thou dost begin to speak, and He denies thee nothing. Pray then to Jesus for me, tell him that thou dost protect me, and He will not fail to have pity on me. My mother, I trust in thee; in this hope I repose and live, and in this I wish to die. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Mother Mary, please continue to intercede for us, your children…Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.