Prayer "type" question

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what my prayer or vocation type is, in terms of Benedictine, Franciscan, Carmelite, etc. Is there a quiz or something that I can do to find out, or is it just what I am the most attracted to??

[quote="CruceSignati, post:1, topic:312173"]
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering what my prayer or vocation type is, in terms of Benedictine, Franciscan, Carmelite, etc. Is there a quiz or something that I can do to find out, or is it just what I am the most attracted to??

[/quote]

Don't know if there is a quiz of sorts, or even a survey. Perhaps you can pick out some key prayers representative of each "type" and then see what appeals to you strongly. Perhaps visit a monastery or abbey, and take time to savor each's prayers, routines and practices they might have? From what I know about the religious, you can place them on a spectrum from the deeply contemplative to the active-immersed groups. (I think Carthusians-Trappist-cloistered, to the Franciscan-Jesuit-social apostolate). ... I guess it's only fitting that I end with the thought of the apostles, going to Jesus, asking him, "how do we pray?" ...
Our Father, who are art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven... Give us this day, our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. Amen.

Do you know what your temperament is (ie: melancholic, choleric, sanguine, phlegmatic)? That can help you out. Also, a spiritual director might be able to help you.

[quote="CruceSignati, post:1, topic:312173"]
Hi everyone,

[/quote]

Better than a quiz, experiment with the different kinds if you are able. Which fits you the best?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.