prayer

I ask all to pray for me. Lately I’ve been going through a faith crisis or dark night. I have confessed twice to about the same thing and have turned around and done wrong again. I am not perfect that’s for sure. I feel very guilty and will probably stay away from confession and the mass for awhile. I will continue to pray, watch EWTN and say the divine mercy chaplet. I’m not leaving I’m just going through something. :frowning:

Thanks brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bill

We are praying. No and no to your two ideas. It happens to a lot of people. Tough it out, go back and get to the bottom of this thing. But never, never give up,. even for a day, never. That is exactly what the Devil wants. :shrug:

Praying for you during these difficult times I guess it happens to the best of us. Presently I have no sound advice but to pray and pray again. God bless.

Please please do not stop going to confession and Mass! You just get there, Gods grace will do the rest! You have my prayers. So many of us have been through where you are. The devil would love to keep you away from the sacraments! Persist, be faithful. Run to the sacraments. There you will find the light in your “dark night”. Be assured of our prayers. God bless.

I am just out the other side of a dark night of the soul (or as I think of it, God smacking me with a clue-by-four).

Keep praying. Keep going to confession. Above all, keep going to Mass, because it is the highest form of prayer that there is. I didn’t. Result: longer, darker night.

God is listening, even when you can’t feel His presence. I know. I now understand what He was trying to tell me, something that has brought me further along the path He wants me to travel.

Blessed is the man who endures trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 (RSV)

James didn’t say that the trial had to come from someone else. It can come from within.

I promise that, when you reach the other side, the whole world will appear fresh and new.

Praying for you,

I pray that God touches your heart, mind, and soul and gives you the strength to resist temptation.

Please continue to go to mass and confession… God bless you…

Thanks all,

The thing is I really don’t feel contrite. I don’t think a confession is going to help in that situation. Fr. told me to stay away from horror movies that I enjoy and I do read on a rated R movie that there’s nudity. He said that’s prior knowledge. I really don’t pay much attention to the nudity. You see it everywhere in art. Maybe I’ll just keep going to mass and hope god understands.

Bill

First, you have to absolutely avoid all those things which you know from experience will be an occasion of sin. Stop watching movies. Stop watching T.V. Stop " surfing " the net. Will you really be missing anything. No.

Read " The Sinners Return " by Venerable Louis of Granada, it will help you to be truely contrite. Also, This Tremendous Lover by Fr. M. Eugene Bolyn. I have found that My Daily Psalm Book by the Confaternity of the Prescious Blood and The Imitation of Christ a great assist in loving God and Jesus.Also put some activity in your life, healthy exercise can help clear your mind. Get a good, healthy hobby you can get really interested in, read the Catechism - it really is good. Read from the Scriptures each day and meditate on what you are reading. :thumbsup:

Mother Mary, I commend Billcu1 to you. Please help him to save his soul which he is putting in grave danger. May Our Lord enlighten him, grant him contrition and pardon for all his sins. May Billcu1 detest all sin and keep away from every unnecessary occassion of sin. I pray that he prays a lot for the graces he needs to keep in a state of grace. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.