prayer

Please pray for those suffering addictions.:signofcross:

praying for those suffering from addiction

My Lord Jesus, lead all souls to heaven,
especially those most in need of thy mercy.
Our Father…Hail Mary x10
Glory Be…Fatima Prayer…Amen!

**Angel of God, my guardian dear, To whom God’s love commits me here, Ever this day,
be at my side, To light and guard, Rule and guide. Amen.

:angel1:

Angel of God, my guardian dear, To whom God’s love commits me here, Ever this day,

:angel1:

Angel of God, my guardian dear, To whom God’s love commits me here, Ever this day,

:angel1:**

:signofcross:

Prayer for Persons Suffering from Addictions
adapted from appleseeds.org

God of life, You originally made addicted persons in Your perfect image, to live in Your love and to give You glory, honor and praise. Open their hearts to Your healing power. Come, Lord Jesus, calm their souls just as you whispered “Peace” to the stormy sea.

God of mercy, we beseech You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministers to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to all those persons who are bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold them in your love and restore them to freedom through your grace.

Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and have broken relationships because of their attachment to the object of their addiction. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres.

Lord, in your servant, Venerable Matt Talbot, you have given us a wonderful example of triumph over addiction, of devotion to duty, and of lifelong reverence of the Holy Sacrament. May his life of prayer and penance give other addicts the courage to take up his/her cross and follow in the footsteps of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Father, we ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer for the Intercession of St. Jude
St. Jude, most holy Apostle, in my need I reach out to you. I beg you to intercede for all addicted persons, that they may find strength to overcome their illness. Bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father’s constant love. Remain at their side, St. Jude, to chase away all evil temptations, fears, and doubts. May the quiet assurance of your loving presence illuminate the darkness in their hearts and bring lasting peace.
Amen.

Our Lady of Lourdes, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
Mary Undoer of Knots, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Joseph, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Rita of Cascia, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Michael, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Luke, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Raphael, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Augustine, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Monica, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Catherine Laboure, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Maximilian Kolbe, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Mark Ji Tianxiang, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Padre Pio, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
St. Mother Theresa of Calcutta, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
Venerable Matt Talbot, Please pray for those suffering from addiction.
Thank you. Amen.

Prayer to St. Margaret of Antioch

St. Margaret of Antioch, you are an inspiration and marvel to all those who try to educate our children in the Faith. You were born to a pagan priest and a mother who died in your infancy, and thus was raised by a Christian nurse, who had you baptised and catechized. When you were given back to your father at a young age, you refused to sacrifice to his gods. For this he threw you out of his home. You went to live with your nurse again, this time as a servant. It was there that you caught the eye of a Roman prefect, and after you rebuffed him, he had you imprisoned, scourged, and tortured for your faith. It is said that the angels miraculously healed your wounds in the night, a sight which caused many to convert. This enraged the prefect so that he continued his tortures upon you, only for them to come to nothing. The Devil even appeared to you in the form of a dragon to frighten you, but you remained steadfast. Finally, you were called to be with God and beheaded by a sword.

St. Margaret, as you appeared to St. Joan of Arc and advised her and comforted her, we feel confident in entrusting our petitions to you as well. I ask you to pray for me, my family, those nearest and dearest to me, and to all who have asked for prayers here. Remember your days of earthly fear and uncertainty and take pity on us who are still in the limited flesh. Sustain us by your prayers to God the Father, your heavenly bridegroom Jesus, and the Consoler, the Holy Spirit. May we one day be able to thank you in heaven. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen
:signofcross:

I’m praying for them. May God relieve them of those addictions.

:pray:prayering for those struggling with addictions. :signofcross:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (those suffering addictions.), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Divine Mercy Chaplet

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

My Lord Jesus, lead all souls to heaven,
Our Father…Hail Mary x10

Praying for all those afflicted/affected with any form of addiction & their families.

Praying hard.

Jesus, King of Mercy, please have mercy on all those struggling with addictions. In Jesus Name I pray that God help them and their families and also guide our civic leaders to develop ways for society to effectively help addicts and respond to the scourge of addiction.
Amen.

Holy Mary, St. Joseph, and all the saints and angels, please pray for the recovery of addicts here on earth as they need all the help they can get.
Thank you. Amen.

Tagged for my rosary intentions later. God bless.

My Lord Jesus, lead all souls to heaven

Our Father…Hail Mary x10

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (those suffering addictions.), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.