Prayers Against Temptation

Today is a day of the good fight! Another day for the devil to be crushed by God’s grace strengthening a human will. I am very much in need of prayers today against sins of the flesh, please pray for me!

Dear Lord, Please watch over POJIUJH. Keep his soul clean. Let him feel Your strong arms around him. Give him grace and make him strong against sins that tempt him. Keep him in safe places so he does not feel temptation. Amen.

POJIUJH, keep yourself in a state of grace. Frequent confession - even weekly when temptations are strong. Frequent Holy Communion.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

I dont think we should be examining our own lives under a Microscope…
To much navel gazing it not such a good idea… in life you will have good days & not so good days… look at your life over a five year Period …then take an over view and see what you have achieved , some good some not so good… thats life… go out and enjoy your life… get a good education… then career … have your faith and everything else will just fall into place…

God Bless.

For POJIUJH:

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee; Blessed art thou among women, And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

:signofcross:

God bless.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

The circumstances and situations of temptation create a danger zone! The warning signs should be up: “Danger – Keep Out!” All of us as followers of Jesus Christ will need to face situations in which we will be tempted. How are we equipped to face and avoid the crippling effects of temptation as we follow God in our Christian walk?

The passages we read introduce the topic of temptation in a clear and helpful way. In 1 Corinthians 10, the apostle Paul reflects upon some of the temptations that the ancient Israelites faced while they were on their journey. On the way from Egypt to Israel, under way to the land of hope and promise, they repeatedly faced the obstacles and barriers of temptation.

Circumstances and situations in life may change, but the Christian life will continue to challenge all of God’s children to avoid temptation. The sixth petition of the Lord’s Prayer asks that God will not lead us into temptation but will, rather, deliver us from the evil one. Jesus truly understood the challenges that his followers would face. And we must understand that the quality of our Christian life will be directly related to the way that we are empowered to avoid temptation.

A temptation is an enticement to do wrong through a promise of pleasure which makes spiritually crippled. Temptation do not come from God but they come from Satan (Matthew 4:1), his evil angels (Ephesians 6:12) or from ourselves (Romans 13:14; Galatians 5:13).Temptations can be in the form of pride, lust and sexual desires, money, power, job, possessions, by immodest women, desiring to worship false God, desiring to live in sinful life

Temptations are opportunities that either it will strengthen us or corrupt us morally which lead us in bad path. When they come along, we are given a choice to either turn away with God’s help or surrender to the temptation. We must be spiritually minded to resist temptation, realizing that eternal spiritual values are more important that temporary earthly pleasure or gain. We should never fantasize about sinful thoughts. We can overcome temptation through Prayer, scripture reading, by resisting or avoiding it.

Here is what the bible says

Matt. 6:13; Mk. 14:38; Lk. 11:4 - “lead us not into temptation, but deliver from evil”

I Cor. 7:5 - “lest Satan tempt you because of lack of control”

I Cor. 10:13 - “no trial/temptation has overtaken you but as is common to man… God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able… with the trial/temptation will provide the way of escape…”

Gal. 6:1 - “restore the one caught in a trespass…lest you too be tempted”

I Thess. 3:5 - “for fear that the tempter might have tempted you…”

I Tim. 6:9 - “those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare”

Heb. 2:18 - “He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted”

Heb. 4:15 - “tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin”

James 1:13,14 - “Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt any one. But each one is tempted when he is seduced under his own desires.”

biblicalproof4catholicfaith.blogspot.com

Said no saint nor anyone with an upright conscience, ever.

Thank you very much for the prayers! God’s grace and the intercession of our Blessed Mother has kept me right now for the better part of a year. Still though, although I am weak I am not afraid since God is strong. I’m a prideful git and it’s well that I am reminded that I am weak and that I owe a lot to you guys by asking for your prayers.

Thanks again!

Pax.

Praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.