Prayers Answered

Hi All…

I havent been active for about a year due to time constraints but prior to that was a very frequent visitor for several years…

In anycase…

I have a quick story I would like to share with all…

My wife as long as I have known her was horribly anti-catholic… she knew pretty much every ati catholic argument plus some… I, unfortunatly feed into it some by not standing up for my faith as well as I could. But I never stopped praying… The prayer was simple… Lord, please soften my wifes heart to your church…

after many years of marrige, and many years of prayer… my wife, the hard core anticatholic will be starting RCIA classes in the hopes to join the church this spring.

what makes this so interesting is this was all HER… one day she said… ‘I want you to go investigate the local Catholic Church’… within three weeks she joined me…

And now, she is in regular communications with the priest…

What she said got her was a very simple statement…

There can be only one truth…

so she dug into history… and per her own words, ceased to be protestant… (i proceded to tell her a famous bishop said something very similar :wink: )

To all who think their spouse can never come to agree… pray… the holy spirit will work… just understand it may not be on the time scale you want… If the HS can change my wifes heart… he can change anyones

Pray for my wifes continued conversion :slight_smile:

May the peace of christ be with each of you

That's so wonderful! :) I will certainly keep your wife (and you) in my prayers. This has given me hope for some of my close friends. :) Congratulations!

This too gives me great hope for my husband!

I must pray for patience though…St Monica, pray for me!

Lord, continue to soften the heart of heisenburg’s wife - and all the hearts of our non-catholic spouses, family and friends.

There IS only one truth - your own spouse: the one, holy, catholic and apostolic church you founded and continue to cherish - may you look on our friends with your love, kindness and mercy and welcome them home.

Amen

You have no idea how encouraging this is to hear. Long story short, I am seriously interested in potentially converting to the Catholic Church, after being raised Protestant and being an active Christian my whole life. The biggest impediment (in my view) is my mother's VERY strong anti-Catholic views (she's already stated she would not attend my wedding if I had a Catholic ceremony.. I'm 22 and not even engaged).. there has just been tons of heartache and tears on both sides from the situation, but I have continued to feel like I have to keep pushing on. This gives me hope and a new breath of patience for the time being that eventually she might be at piece with my (well, God's :)) decision on the matter.

God bless<3

Praise God!!!!

Praise God!!!

So glad for you an your wife. God is good, all the time!

Will keep praying!

In Christ,
Teri

[quote="sbaum, post:4, topic:178195"]
You have no idea how encouraging this is to hear. Long story short, I am seriously interested in potentially converting to the Catholic Church, after being raised Protestant and being an active Christian my whole life. The biggest impediment (in my view) is my mother's VERY strong anti-Catholic views (she's already stated she would not attend my wedding if I had a Catholic ceremony.. I'm 22 and not even engaged).. there has just been tons of heartache and tears on both sides from the situation, but I have continued to feel like I have to keep pushing on. This gives me hope and a new breath of patience for the time being that eventually she might be at piece with my (well, God's :)) decision on the matter.

God bless<3

[/quote]

Yes, definitely. It is important to keep one's hope and faith alive for others' conversion. I'm doing that for my family right now, too, and I've been seeing some promising signs in answer to my prayers. But I know that's between God and them and it's not my call, so whatever God wants to do and whatever happens, I accept it.

But what's most important for you is to not let your mother be an impediment to your growth in faith, however hard the path is. Jesus said in Matthew 10:37, "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me," which means we must put our love for our family second to our love for God and pursue Him no matter how much tears and pain the search causes us to endure. However, the reward at the end of the journey is incredible. Here's what Jesus said about that:

Isn't that an amazing promise! It is for those that convert and must pay a cost to follow Christ faithfully. It is probably for others as well, not just those that convert, but it's obvious how this passage powerfully applies to those who truly must make deep sacrifices in their personal relationships for the sake of Christ.

Jesus also said, "then you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." When you know the truth of the Catholic faith, it is your responsibility before Christ to seek it, for Jesus said, "I am the Truth," and when you seek truth, you are seeking Christ, and if anyone denies truth, he is denying Christ.

We should not abandon hope for our relations, and we should indeed persevere in prayer on their behalf! But we also should not let our own responsibility to Christ become dependent on them. We love them, but we love Christ more. Which is very painful, but it is also wondrous.

I can see you already know most of this, but I'm just providing some scriptures that appear to frame your current experience. I hope they may bless you, that's all.

God bless you and strengthen you in your journey of faith! Christ bless you! May the Virgin Mary pray for you.

Love in Christ, Lief

I’m so glad to hear that!!! God be praised :smiley:

Thanks all:)

May the lord bless each of you richly

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.